[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Brakes
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Brakes

Brakes

Postby Billdo » Sat Oct 20, 2012 9:45 am

Hey all, need to change my rotors and pads sooner than later. Looking to get everyones opinions on what they're using and stuff as far as parts go. Its my daily driver, 4cyl 2002 Solara. I don't particularly beat on it but I do speed a bit and sometimes push it a bit. I am not looking to break the bank either with the new rotors and pads. Drilled and slotted are probably excessive for a daily right? Anyway, I will be changing them myself so I am thinking on going mid level rotors with ceramic pads. Did that with a previous car and liked them but always looking to improve. Thanks in advance of you response. Also, are the 6cyl brakes the same size as the 4cyl? Thanks again!
Billdo
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Brakes

Postby 1gSE » Sat Oct 20, 2012 10:23 am

I have R1Concepts slotted rotors (stock sized) and Hawk HPS pads. I've heard Brembo blanks aren't bad either
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Re: Brakes

Postby ThatVietGuy » Sat Oct 20, 2012 1:22 pm

I used to go stock rotors with Axxis Ultimate pads.

Held up find for track abuse.
ThatVietGuy
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5