[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - *Help Please* Power Steering fluid leak!
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

*Help Please* Power Steering fluid leak!

*Help Please* Power Steering fluid leak!

Postby Nemesis85 » Mon Oct 22, 2012 8:45 pm

Hey so I'm having an issue with my power steering fluid leaking. I have identified that it is leaking about 6-10 inches below the hood (towards the ground) from a hose which is directly to the left of the radiator behind and below the passenger headlight. I've all but 100% concluded that this hose is the Pressure Hose, however I've been informed that there are 2 factors that determine what exact part will work. A. I'm being told there are two different sizes. One being 47 1/2 and the other being 43 1/4. B. I'm being told that in addition to the size, the correct Pressure Hose is also determined by whether I have a "switch port" or not. Now this "switch port" they are talking about I assume is determined by whether or not I have Air Conditioning (which I do) I have a 99' SE V6. If anyone knows what exact part I'm describing and what the correct size would be, that would be great!!!!!!!! I'm looking for feedback asap as i go through a quart of fluid a week now! :bad-words:
Nemesis85
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: *Help Please* Power Steering fluid leak!

Postby thenewguy » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:02 am

thenewguy
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Nemesis85 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 8:23 am

Yep that's the one.
Nemesis85
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby thenewguy » Tue Oct 23, 2012 9:13 am

awesome! fix that leak son!
thenewguy
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby sliDingSolAra... » Tue Oct 23, 2012 1:23 pm

wow retails for almost $400 dollars but marked down to $170???? such a rip off....BUT WAIT FREE SHIPPING OMG!!!!!!
02 5spd Engine scattered, working on a 3MZ S/C set-up
sliDingSolAra...
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Nemesis85 » Wed Oct 24, 2012 1:00 am

What I need clarification on is what size do I get and do I get the one for car WITH switch port or WITHOUT switch port.
Autozone can get me an aftermarket replacement part identical for $70... OEM from dealer will be more... Like $130. I think Imma just get the Duralast part from Autozone so that way I can fix some other things (o2 sensor needs done, and ceramic brakes all around)
Nemesis85
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5