[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Stock radio won't turn on?
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Stock radio won't turn on?

Stock radio won't turn on?

Postby Brandoe91 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 5:54 pm

The stock radio in one of my Solara's is not turning on. I have checked both radio 1 and radio 2 fuses and none are blown. I also plugged the radio in my other solara and it worked fine. Any idea on what to check next?
TRD S/C 6psi - OBX Full Exhaust - Injen intake ( 226whp untuned).

New Setup - 3mzfe - obx full exhaust - aem fic - innovate mtx-l wideband - Cpe intake. (Estimated 220whp) dyno numbers coming soon.
Brandoe91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Stock radio won't turn on?

Postby SolaraPete » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:23 pm

Using a digital multimeter, verify that you have 12v on the blue/yellow wire (constant power) and gray wire (switched power - make sure your key is on) behind the radio. If either of those arent showing 12v then you missed a blown fuse somewhere. It may not be labeled as a "radio" fuse, so be sure to check all the fuses inside and under the hood.
'99 S/C'd 5spd: 6psi-KYB/Intrax-Kaminari-Renova- 2.5in w/TRD muffler-full Injen CAI w/crisp-mongo filter-Walbro 190-305cc-Jim's fuel-torque rod-8mm Magnecore-EGR delete-ACT 6-puck-AEM wideband-SAFC2-Supra/ES300 F+R brake conversion
SolaraPete
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Brandoe91 » Tue Oct 23, 2012 7:45 pm

SolaraPete wrote:Using a digital multimeter, verify that you have 12v on the blue/yellow wire (constant power) and gray wire (switched power - make sure your key is on) behind the radio. If either of those arent showing 12v then you missed a blown fuse somewhere. It may not be labeled as a "radio" fuse, so be sure to check all the fuses inside and under the hood.

Thanks,just the info I was looking for. I will let you know how it goes.
TRD S/C 6psi - OBX Full Exhaust - Injen intake ( 226whp untuned).

New Setup - 3mzfe - obx full exhaust - aem fic - innovate mtx-l wideband - Cpe intake. (Estimated 220whp) dyno numbers coming soon.
Brandoe91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby sliDingSolAra... » Wed Oct 24, 2012 11:27 pm

use a hammer and forcefully tap it until it turns on, that always works for me :boss:
02 5spd Engine scattered, working on a 3MZ S/C set-up
sliDingSolAra...
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5