[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - squeaky suspension
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

squeaky suspension

squeaky suspension

Postby huj2000 » Tue Nov 20, 2012 10:20 am

hey so i am getting a squeaking from my suspension im not sure if its just the front or the back too but it mostly seems like its coming from the front, i have changed out my struts all around a few years ago but just the strut by itself not the springs or mounts, but i did change the mounts about a year ago for the front, i also replaced my sway bar links around the same time as the mounts, i replaced the control arms and lower balljoints for the front a couple of days ago hoping that would solve the squeakyness but its still there, i can hear it the most when i go over bumps slowly and when i get out of the car i her it too i practically changed out my whole front suspension and i cant for the life of me figure out where it is coming from, any ideas or suggestions will be greatly appreciated
99 solara sle v6 - intake - headers - cat removed
huj2000
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: squeaky suspension

Postby thenewguy » Tue Nov 20, 2012 4:05 pm

try the front and rear sway bar bushings?
thenewguy
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby TheGreenDutch » Fri Nov 23, 2012 12:37 pm

rear mounts maybe
TheGreenDutch
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby PlateLunch » Fri Nov 23, 2012 9:40 pm

After I put my Teins in I get minor squeaking when I sit down and sometimes get up from my seat and I think possibly when i'm going slow over bumps. It's pretty quiet though, and doesn't happen all the time. I just figured it was from the springs...good luck.
PlateLunch
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby huj2000 » Sun Dec 30, 2012 10:45 am

my squeak is definitely louder though you can hear my car from outside and in when it squeaks
99 solara sle v6 - intake - headers - cat removed
huj2000
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby stanpalg » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:41 pm

My squeaking of the rear right strut was due to the spring mount rubber being torn and spring was scraping against the strut's spring seat. Might be worth to check that as well. Just put your car up on a jack an inspect a spring in that area. In my case you can actually see and feel part of the spring that was eaten away by the spring seat.
stanpalg
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5