[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - I cant believe it really works....
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

I cant believe it really works....

I cant believe it really works....

Postby Billdo » Fri Dec 14, 2012 7:16 pm

I just used toothpaste on my headlights in hopes of getting rid of some cloudiness and sure enough it worked. I used a crappy toothpaste and some elbow grease and I am thrilled with the results. Probably going to find a grittier paste and do it again to make it better but its already pretty darn good.
Billdo
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: I cant believe it really works....

Postby corlon » Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:48 am

got a buddy who does it on his semi. says once you do it, you gotta keep doing it. i think he does it about once a season.
NiCe
corlon
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Billdo » Tue Dec 18, 2012 4:53 am

Im sure I'll have to keep up with it but it really does work. I used some compound at a friends detailing shop last year around January and just recently got cloudy. Maybe once a year its looking but I'll probably do it every change of the season
Billdo
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby sliDingSolAra... » Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:10 am

the reason you might have to keep doing it annually could be that most kits that you buy for headlight restoration use a sealer as the last step. just my 2 cents.
02 5spd Engine scattered, working on a 3MZ S/C set-up
sliDingSolAra...
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby TheGreenDutch » Tue Dec 18, 2012 5:20 pm

any of the whitening ones will be extra gritty....theres a list of which toothpastes are harsher if you google it...
TheGreenDutch
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby TLMNICK » Tue Dec 18, 2012 7:11 pm

I put 3M clear bra on all the headlights that I restore....they'll never need to be restored/polished ever again for life!
TLMNICK
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Billdo » Wed Dec 19, 2012 5:01 am

Ah thats a good idea TLMN. Where are those available, I've never thought of that.
Billdo
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5