[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Remote trunk release isn't working.
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Remote trunk release isn't working.

Remote trunk release isn't working.

Postby stanpalg » Fri Jan 25, 2013 11:08 pm

Hi All,
I have a '02 Solara SLE with an electronic trunk release. Recently it stopped working and now only works with a key. Whenever I use a care remote or push a button in the glove compartment, I can hear a click, but the trunk does not open. I took the liner off the trunk and got to the motor. What i see is that whenever I push a trunk release button, the motor turns half way and then goes back into its original position. I was wondering if anyone has any suggestions or has run into an issue such as this. My guess is that it's either the trunk motor or the trunk actuator somewhere under the dashboard. Thoughts?
I didn't have a chance yet to hook up a motor to a 12v line directly, to rule out that possibility. I'm afraid that if it is a step motor, then there's a chance of burning it when connected to DC and not controlled by anything.
stanpalg
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Remote trunk release isn't working.

Postby 1BADGTS » Thu Jan 31, 2013 5:40 am

Sounds like you probably have a motor that is starting to go bad. I would start by taking the latch apart and cleaning everything well. Make sure all the parts are moving properly and then lube it all back up again. sometimes the latch can get gummed up with dirt and that makes it hard for the motor to turn it. Most likely though, the motor is just worn out and it's not able to open the latch anymore. Hope this helps, good luck.
****THE FLEET****
2001 Toyota Highlander Limited V6 - "The Wifes"
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 5 Speed - Family Pimp Ride
1993 Toyota Celica GT-Four R/C Clone - Weekend Fun
1987 Toyota Supra Turbo 5 Speed Sport Roof - Just Because !!
1BADGTS
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5