[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Something weird is going on...
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Something weird is going on...

Something weird is going on...

Postby Billdo » Sat May 18, 2013 2:15 pm

Hello to the few who are still around. I've been experiencing a weird issue lately. Sometimes after the car warms up and I shut it off for one reason or another (going in a store, etc) and come back out and start it the RPM's immediately drop and it stalls. I've noticed it doesn't happen when its a fully cold start. For example if I leave my house at say 715 and get to a clients house at 745 and turn the car off. When I start it again at 750 it will drop in RPMs immediately after starting and die. It doesn't happen all the time but more often than I'd like obviously. Again, doesn't happen when its a cold start. I've noticed it now it happens if the car is moderately warm and I roll to a stop occasionally. I've done a quick visual of the vaccum hoses and haven't noticed anything. Not saying I did the best of looking but its nothing blatant. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance fellas.
Billdo
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Something weird is going on...

Postby ThatVietGuy » Sat May 18, 2013 3:56 pm

Try cleaning the MAF.

When I still had my car it died a few times while coming to a stop and a MAF cleaning helped things out.
ThatVietGuy
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby pwizzle » Sat May 18, 2013 10:10 pm

Try cleaning both the MAF and the IAC valve. Had that happen quite a few times, but after a few quick spays, problem went away.
"To be is to do" - Plato
"To do is to be" - Sartre
"Do be do be do" - Sinatra
"Scooby Dooby Dooo!!" - Scooby Doo
pwizzle
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Billdo » Sun May 19, 2013 8:02 am

So basically just unplug it and spray? Haven't done that before so it might be it and its an affordable try. Just spray and see?
Billdo
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby ThatVietGuy » Sun May 19, 2013 8:11 am

Unplug connector, unbolt 2 10mm (I think) bolts, remove, and spray with MAF cleaner.
ThatVietGuy
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Billdo » Sun May 19, 2013 8:51 am

Thanks guys, I will try to tackle this tomorrow afternoon. I appreciate it. Maybe I'll Seafoam it too.
Billdo
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5