[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Noise Near Front Left Wheel
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Noise Near Front Left Wheel

Noise Near Front Left Wheel

Postby DaZanY4002 » Thu Jul 04, 2013 12:48 am

Hello everybody.

I recently switched my rims from 18x7.5+44 to 19x8+35 maybe last month. This could be unrelated since my car's at 203K miles now, but theirs this squeak that's pretty loud coming from my front left wheel area. I read through some threads which point to maybe a loose wheel bearing, but I wanted to give it a shot and see if any of yous thought you knew what this could be. I'll post a video below. I'm taking my car to a mechanic tomorrow with a timing belt/water pump kit, but would also like to see if it might not be anything big, and could be fixed by me. It makes most of the noise when turning the wheel. Thanks for your time.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zJrJqWM8xfg
DaZanY4002
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Noise Near Front Left Wheel

Postby PlateLunch » Fri Jul 05, 2013 11:40 am

Are you sure you have clearance of the strut/spring? It sounds like the wheel could be hitting them. Does it happen no matter which way the wheel is or does it get better/worse when you are turning or going straight? If it's clearance then spacers should fix it, also could it be the fender or plastic inner fender piece? You might have to get your fenders rolled...ask the mechanic for his advice but if you worried about money tell him not to try and spend much time on it. Good luck! :D
PlateLunch
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Noise Near Front Left Wheel

Postby DaZanY4002 » Sat Jul 06, 2013 2:05 am

Thanks man. I had the wheel bearing and the driver side axle replaced. The noise stopped. The SolarGuys on the Facebook page helped me out a ton.
DaZanY4002
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5