[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Brakes pads longevity on Solara
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Brakes pads longevity on Solara

Brakes pads longevity on Solara

Postby MadSkillz » Mon Oct 14, 2013 3:17 pm

I recently changed the front set of rotors on my SLE. While they have a three year guarantee, I'm wondered on average how often are folks here having to replace the brake pads? With brand new rotors and brake pads, what's a reasonable expectation?

I know some techniques to extending the life of brake pads but I just want to hear from others as I settle into my Solara.
MadSkillz
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Brakes pads longevity on Solara

Postby TheGreenDutch » Thu Oct 24, 2013 4:49 pm

just get good pads and they'll last. Use OE or get Gold comparable at the Autozone or PBoys...Cheap ones fade out too quick..
TheGreenDutch
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Brakes pads longevity on Solara

Postby Toy1mzfe » Thu Oct 24, 2013 9:26 pm

i have Duralast Gold. LIfetime warranty so when you kill all your pads, take it back and they will give you a new set. They are not as good as hawks or Greenstuff but its still adequate.
Toy1mzfe
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5