[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Spark Knock
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Spark Knock

Spark Knock

Postby solara90 » Mon Oct 28, 2013 8:18 pm

Whats going on haven't been on here in a while, but I have been running into a few issues lately. I have a 02 solara with the 2.4L around 122k. What my problem is a have been noticing some rattle/ping/knock noises on acceleration and under load going up hill. I just filled up with gas yesterday and thought i would put in 91 octane instead of the usual 87. Since i have done this the knocking has gone away, which i would say confirms that i was experiencing spark knock. Have any of you guys experienced this and what is the real fix on this issue besides using a higher grade fuel? My solara is stock besides a k&n short ram intake, header and cat back exhuast. I have no engine codes and fuel trims are normal about +2-3%
02 solara 2az

solara90
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5