[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Its been a while! — Ticking Noise
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Its been a while! — Ticking Noise

Its been a while! — Ticking Noise

Postby Sol-Toy » Mon Nov 11, 2013 11:03 am

Hey all! Glad to see this site still exists! Hopefully some of you are still around. I'll jump right into it now:

2000 1mz lara with 150,000 miles

I'm getting a relatively loud ticking noise coming from under the hood. It tickets for about 2 or 3 minutes, then stops for about a minute, then continues again for 2-3mins. It happens in idle, or at any speed/RPM wether the AC is on or off.

Any guesses?

Thanks all.
2013 WRX Wagon Premium in crystal black silica - current

2012 RAV4 S - Wife's

2000 Solara 1mz - sold after recording 160k mi

https://www.instagram.com/andygriesemer/
Sol-Toy
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Its been a while! — Ticking Noise

Postby DSM_Lara » Tue Nov 12, 2013 1:22 pm

hmmm... Sticky lifters??? But, who knows never heard a 1MZ having sticky lifters.
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby wagonsrule » Wed Nov 13, 2013 8:50 am

I've had a ticking noise in idle for as long as i own the car.. but if you hear it at every rpm.... i can't say. My ticking noise has been diagnosed by a mechanic (who knows if it's true though, we all know mechanics want money) to be my power steering pump ticking at low rpm speeds. When i accelerate though, the ticking disappears and reapperars only when i let go of the throttle. Never affected power etc.
----------------------
94 Camry V6 Wagon SUPERCHARGED @ 5 psi!!!! One of a KIND! (6-7psi coming up)
SAFC
75 cu ft. of storage space :D
wagonsrule
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby corlon » Wed Nov 13, 2013 11:54 pm

exhaust manifold leak?
NiCe
corlon
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver