[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - engine sputter
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

engine sputter

engine sputter

Postby ChrissyD123 » Sun Apr 13, 2014 7:27 am

I had a tune up about a year or so ago. I am aware of all codes that are reading from CEL. What my main concern(s) are;
*When engine is cold and first starting up after a full night/day of sitting, its RPM are above 2200 and once i put it in gear (R &or D) it drastically sputters. It continues to hesitate while driving steady at around 40-45 MPH. I have done simple fuel system cleanings and problem does not seem to subside. I recently have noticed the engine performance has gotten worse. When trying to downshift (automatic tranny) to gain speed onto ON ramps, it will almost NOT do so. I have a cold air intake & wasn't sure if the MAF was the exact issue. THX
</SolaraGirl>
{15inch JL sub w/ 1000 JL Watt Amp.... Stock engine, but clean Lara}
ChrissyD123
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: engine sputter

Postby ThatVietGuy » Sun Apr 13, 2014 8:48 am

Try cleaning the MAF or even the throttle body.
ThatVietGuy
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Re: engine sputter

Postby navarachi » Thu Aug 06, 2015 9:42 pm

We are having the exact same issue. Never throughs a code but definitely wondering whats going on. We have 215,000 on the ODO and has been meticulously maintained. I had an issue with the EGR valve a while back which may be related. When we take her to the shop I'll let you know how it goes. Please keep us informed. Thanks
navarachi
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5