[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Reverse at 80mph?
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Reverse at 80mph?

Reverse at 80mph?

Postby ozone » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:11 pm

I'm fairly certain the transmission (manual) won't allow you to go into reverse while traveling 80 mph down the interstate, but I'm curious if it can be forced. There is a similar lockout for 1st gear. My MR2 Spyder has a 6 speed manual and it sucks. I was able to accidentally force it into 1st gear through the lockout, which is strange to me. I figured either you can or you can't get it into 1st when you're locked out, not "you can if you push hard enough." Anyway, I was wondering if the same thing is possible in reverse. If you understand the mechanism that locks out reverse in the E153 manual transmission I'd appreciate knowing if you are traveling down the road can you force it into reverse with obviously disasterous consequences? I know it's a strange question and no I don't intend to do it. Just the opposite, in fact. I'm modifying the shifter and want to know if I should include some kind of lockout of my own or can I rely on whatever the transmission provides. Thanks.
World's first V6 powered AE92. . . in progress.
ozone
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5