[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Completely weird question
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Completely weird question

Completely weird question

Postby Billdo » Sat May 17, 2014 9:01 am

I recently had a little fender bender resulting in a new hood and hood latch/lock assembly. Got one from a JY and it has a little wiring harness with two wires attached to it. I've read that thats for an OEM alarm that some Solaras have. I don't have it. My question is can I still use this or am I unable to? I dont see why I cant since it would just be plugged into an alarm I don't have. Planning on putting everything back together in the next day or two so time is of the essence. Thanks in advance for your responses.
Billdo
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Completely weird question

Postby TadS » Sat May 17, 2014 9:51 am

I'd say you probably don't even need to plug it in, but that's just an educated guess.
Let's just pretend I didn't grow up, or you're going to be terribly disappointed.
TadS
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Billdo » Sat May 17, 2014 2:30 pm

Thats what Im hoping. Visually it just had a wiring harness attached with a zip tie to the assembly itself and the assembly has two wires in it. Its for if someone tries to jimmy the hood open. Im assuming it would be fine if I cut the harness off or just left it alone and bolted it on.
Billdo
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby corlon » Sun May 18, 2014 7:41 pm

yeah you don't need it. if you want to use it with an aftermarket security system you can do so.
NiCe
corlon
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Billdo » Tue May 20, 2014 6:15 pm

Cut it off and installed JY latch and hood. Now just need to save up for the passenger headlight bc I didnt realize how faded it really was until I had a brand new light.
Billdo
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5