[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Trouble code from Hell P0300
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Trouble code from Hell P0300

Trouble code from Hell P0300

Postby DaxWagner » Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:46 pm

Okay; I have officially received the dreaded P0300 saying there is a random misfire.

The car is a 2000 V6 with 160k+ miles and just started sputtering and hesitating before the engine has warmed up and also when I punch it between 60-70 mph. I have looked all over the internet and most places say this is a complicated problem best solved by a dealership or professional mechanic; I went to the dealership last year and they wanted like $300 to replace an O2 sensor. I did it myself for the price of an hour of my time and about $100 at Autozone.

So; the question is: since this can be a very complicated fix to find and repair, should I just take it to the dealer or does anyone here have any experience and sage wisdom to give me to repair this myself?

Any help will be appreciated. Thanks in advance.
DaxWagner
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Trouble code from Hell P0300

Postby GzNutz » Sat Jan 10, 2015 10:52 am

Have you replaced your plugs and wires?
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Re: Trouble code from Hell P0300

Postby Akfahad » Tue Jan 13, 2015 5:07 am

plugs or a bad coilpack is most likely the culprit.
Akfahad
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5