[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - grille
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

grille

grille

Postby xsolara33x » Thu Nov 27, 2003 2:12 am

for all the people that modified their grille... How did you guys attach the mesh part to the grille itself affter you cut the lines in the middle? Where did you get the real nice mesh material? Thanks... I couldnt find how to install the mesh material part when I tried to search for it... Thanks for your help...
xsolara33x
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby FLASH » Thu Nov 27, 2003 11:30 am

My Mesh is home depot gutter guards. I sprayed it with chrome paint and 3 coats of clear coat.

i attached it using a combination of fishing line and twist ties (without the paper part around the wire) hahah, Ricey Much?
But hey, it works.
==FLASH==
99 Solara SE with Many Mods (See outdated website) - Weekend Warrior
2001 Cadillac Deville Daily Driver
(Wife's) 2007 Toyota Camry LE with Basic Mods
(Sister's) 2011 "Pink Prius"
FLASH
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby SolaraT » Thu Nov 27, 2003 2:18 pm

FLASH wrote:My Mesh is home depot gutter guards. I sprayed it with chrome paint and 3 coats of clear coat.

i attached it using a combination of fishing line and twist ties (without the paper part around the wire) hahah, Ricey Much?
But hey, it works.

Which is totaly ausome looking!! :lol: Rice nothing. If you can make it look neet then its not rice.
SolaraT
Solaraguy need mo power guy
Solaraguy need mo power guy

Postby Guest » Thu Nov 27, 2003 7:56 pm

Rizal recently did his grille... and I asked him what he used to attach his mesh to his grille... check it out in the Pictures section

Postby WTF?? » Thu Nov 27, 2003 7:57 pm

^ that was me... sorry
Retired... its been fun Image
WTF??
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby xsolara33x » Fri Nov 28, 2003 2:09 am

he didn't reply to your post yet... does anyone in here know how I can hold down the mesh to the grille?
xsolara33x
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby TRD MCV20L » Fri Nov 28, 2003 2:56 am

fiberglass
TRD MCV20L
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Check this out

Postby TITO » Mon Dec 01, 2003 10:47 pm

check this out, if you have any questions, I'll be glad to help.
http://www.cardomain.com/member_pages/s ... 5_full.jpg
99 V6, LOWERED, COOL CUSTOM GRILL, TINTED WINDOWS, CUSTOM FRONT BUMPER, WHITE 17" WHEELS, BODY KIT, CLEAR CORNERS, INTAKE WITH K&N.
TITO
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Grazi07 » Tue Dec 02, 2003 6:18 am

I think the biggest question is how did you get rid of the black pieces of the grille that were there originally?
Team Nex-Gen: The new breed of speed!

Check us out at www.teamnexgen.net
Grazi07
SolaraGuy UConn Guy
SolaraGuy UConn Guy

Postby WTF?? » Tue Dec 02, 2003 10:01 am

Grazi07 wrote:I think the biggest question is how did you get rid of the black pieces of the grille that were there originally?

I think what some members have done was use plier cutters and sanded the hek out of the left overs... but just remember the plastic FLIES and can take you out lol (x_O)
Retired... its been fun Image
WTF??

Postby tanya » Wed Dec 03, 2003 4:16 pm

FLASH wrote:My Mesh is home depot gutter guards. I sprayed it with chrome paint and 3 coats of clear coat.

But hey, it works.

FLASH,

What kind of Chrome paint and Clear paint did you use?
tanya
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby FLASH » Wed Dec 03, 2003 6:02 pm

just basic car spray paint by "Kar Kolor" or somthin like that....the names were bumper chrome and clear.
==FLASH==
99 Solara SE with Many Mods (See outdated website) - Weekend Warrior
2001 Cadillac Deville Daily Driver
(Wife's) 2007 Toyota Camry LE with Basic Mods
(Sister's) 2011 "Pink Prius"
FLASH
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby TITO » Thu Dec 04, 2003 8:01 pm

No. After I cut out with tin snips, I used a blade and carefully cut out most of what was left (be very careful both not to slip and cut a finger off and not to cut in to close to the part you want left, the outside edge. At this point, it won't take to much sanding. Maybe for the right price, you can mail me your grill and I will do it for you, including installing the mesh. :lol:
99 V6, LOWERED, COOL CUSTOM GRILL, TINTED WINDOWS, CUSTOM FRONT BUMPER, WHITE 17" WHEELS, BODY KIT, CLEAR CORNERS, INTAKE WITH K&N.
TITO
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby MGLax13 » Thu Dec 04, 2003 9:11 pm

And what would this price be? Would this include mesh and clips?
MGLax13
SolaraGuy Solara13
SolaraGuy Solara13

Next

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5