[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Horn Problems
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Horn Problems

Horn Problems

Postby Guest » Sat Nov 29, 2003 3:26 am

I've had some intermitant problems with the horn on my 2001 Solara. It likes to turn on when you don't want it to, i.e. making a turn, putting the key in the ignition, opening the door. To stop it, I have to pull the horn fuse. I've had it back to the dealer twice but they couldn't find a problem.
Anyone else having this kind of problem? (sorry if this was posted twice).

Postby Mole » Sat Nov 29, 2003 10:33 am

this may sound like a grounding problem. do you know which horn goes off out of the two ?
the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

Postby Guest » Sun Nov 30, 2003 12:06 pm

I only see one horn in front of the radiator.
There were times when you opened the door and the horn would blast, but if you closed the door the horn would stop.

Postby Yanks0114 » Sun Nov 30, 2003 12:51 pm

Anonymous wrote:I only see one horn in front of the radiator.
There were times when you opened the door and the horn would blast, but if you closed the door the horn would stop.

This would be the horn to an alarm system
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Mole » Sun Nov 30, 2003 12:52 pm

see what happens if you disconnect the one in front of the radiator. you will be left with a higher pictch horn in front of the intake resonator box.

this way you can check to see which one is malfunctioning.
the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5