[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - static electricity
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

static electricity

Postby all_red » Sun Dec 07, 2003 5:06 pm

isn't there something we can do to stop that? coz man I hate getting out of the car so much for that. Actually i hate just closing the door
5-speed V6.
TRD Supercharger.
TRD Short Throw Shifter.
Tokico/Eibach combo.
all_red
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Missay » Sun Dec 07, 2003 6:33 pm

my dad's chevy lumina does that to me in the winter.

I found the only way to not get shocked it to make sure that you don't let go of the car until you shut the door.

Like when you get out, make sure you're some how touching the car before you open the door and make sure you're always touching it (you can change hands as long as one is always touching) and then release the door. haha..after a year of shock I'm a geek and figured it out.
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby Cuba0919 » Mon Dec 08, 2003 5:46 pm

That's funny because I noticed I'm always getting shocked, even when my girl comes up to me at my car, I'll give her a kiss from the window, and I shock her.
I'm In LOVE!
i-4, auto, Gold, Purple Neons, strobe lights, Memphis 1000d, Memphis 3004, 3-12" pioneer IMPP, Pioneer interiors, Clarion touch screen tv/dvd player.
Cuba0919
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Previous

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5