[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - static electricity
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

static electricity

static electricity

Postby all_red » Sat Dec 06, 2003 12:37 am

I can feel that almost like 7 times out of 10. Whenever I turn off the car then try to close the door I feel that dzzzdzzz!! its not really that but I guess you know what I mean. Its been like that since ever, but didn't think about posting it. I took the car to the dealership to check it and they said everything was fine. Has anyone of you had that before? Is it normal?
5-speed V6.
TRD Supercharger.
TRD Short Throw Shifter.
Tokico/Eibach combo.
all_red
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby FLASH » Sat Dec 06, 2003 12:51 am

haha, yea I get that like a motha...especially when its not summer. do you have cloth seats? i do, and I assume that has a lot to do with...taht and my excessive wearing of fleece
==FLASH==
99 Solara SE with Many Mods (See outdated website) - Weekend Warrior
2001 Cadillac Deville Daily Driver
(Wife's) 2007 Toyota Camry LE with Basic Mods
(Sister's) 2011 "Pink Prius"
FLASH
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby all_red » Sat Dec 06, 2003 12:59 am

No I got leather. The thing is that I usually drive 4 other cars other than the Solara and never feel that except with my car :cry:
5-speed V6.
TRD Supercharger.
TRD Short Throw Shifter.
Tokico/Eibach combo.
all_red
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby indiglosolara » Sat Dec 06, 2003 1:16 am

i get that alot..... but then again i have alot of grounding on my car cuz of my underglow neons... my system and capacitor and 2 amps.. and my indash tv.. i think it create enough energy to shock me...

but i go get it about 8 or 10 times i stop my car..
indiglosolara
Solara 2 xB
Solara 2 xB

Postby Hsakuragi » Sat Dec 06, 2003 1:27 am

make sure u don't have that when pupming gas, otherwise KABOOM...it was on the news...
The ONE & ONLY Fully Loaded 2006 X Avalon Limited with Body Kit in CA = Special Limited Edition + First 2GR-FE rebored the throttle body (i think...)

Hsakuragi
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby townboy2 » Sat Dec 06, 2003 7:32 am

i have that in summer a lot but so far not in the solara yet coz i brought the solara just a month... but i have my gf brought me those Earth Belt from HK 2 weeks ago that put on the back of the car and proven those Statjc ele. haven't installed yet but i guess it should work out pretty good. Go to auto shop it might has it...
86 RX-7 crashed
94 MX-6 I4 donated it
93 MR2Turbo sold
00 Solara SLE
86 MR2 N/A FREE from a friend... DONATED too
2007 Nissan Altima Hybrid
townboy2
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby cruze105 » Sat Dec 06, 2003 8:37 am

yea i get that alot too, i think its because of my cloth seats and cuz of my in dash tv remote
cruze105
SolaraGuy JerseyMan
SolaraGuy JerseyMan

Postby Whatever » Sat Dec 06, 2003 10:14 am

I only have that few times, and I hate it that is the reason why I never want to touch any door in Las Vegas. My cousin's accord always does that thoguh and I think it's the cloth seats.
Whatever
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Grazi07 » Sat Dec 06, 2003 2:26 pm

I've noticed it a lot too..... if you touch the window first before metal, it usually doesn't happen
Team Nex-Gen: The new breed of speed!

Check us out at www.teamnexgen.net
Grazi07
SolaraGuy UConn Guy
SolaraGuy UConn Guy

Postby Mudd » Sat Dec 06, 2003 8:35 pm

It's normal. Carpet in the car or seats, combined with the dryer weather that winter brings. I just ground myself with my leg whenever I get out of a car. Then, when I get zapped (and it's invariable), it gets my calf and not my fingertips.
Mudd
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

commonplace with Jeep grands

Postby mycrobyte » Sat Dec 06, 2003 8:39 pm

Yep, this is a big issue with Jeep Grand Cherokees. On the BB some users have hinted that certain tires (ones with lower carbon black content) tend to give a shock when you get out of the car because of the ground potential difference.

No zap problems with the solara, but the Jeep always zaps and the camry sometimes did.

What tires are you all running?

:drinking:
2000 V6 SE
mycrobyte
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby hari-bhari » Sat Dec 06, 2003 10:27 pm

isnt static electricity VERY dangerous at gas stations? on the order of causing explosions... :o
hari-bhari
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby kubi » Sun Dec 07, 2003 11:34 am

Ya like hsakuragi said I remember seeing something on the news quite a while back. Someone's car blew up and they died from static electricity at the pump.
Please stop humping my car, owner privilege!
kubi
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Next

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5