[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Why did you buy a Toyota Camry Solara?
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Why did you buy a Toyota Camry Solara?

why I bought a Solara

Postby cruisemister » Thu Sep 19, 2002 2:40 pm

cool looks- everyone turns there heads to this car
cruisemister

my 2002 Solara

Postby jbspickets » Thu Sep 19, 2002 3:25 pm

Bought it on Sept 8...love it...find myself smiling all the time I'm driving it. Had trouble deciding between the silver or the black. My other car is black...so I opted for the "lunar mist" silver. It is sharp! Afraid i am going to get a speeding ticket! ha! My hubby is 6'2" and says he couldn't believe how roomy the back seat is. We've never had a toyota before...and man, do we love this one! :)
jbspickets

Postby Missay » Thu Sep 19, 2002 7:08 pm

it's funny b/c if you had asked me 2years ago if i'd buy a toyota as my first car i woulda been like "no! a toyota...yuck!" lol..there was just something about the name "toyota" that i didn't like. i didn't like the cars they made, i didn't like the sound of the name... everything! then i saw a solara when it first came out and didn't realize it was a toyota, but i loved it..i figured out what it was like 2years later when i suddenly started looking at buying one! No joke, but do you ever just get a "feeling" like you just know?? i saw a toyota one day on the bus or something and i was just thinking "you know..i swear my first car is gonna be a toyota." my friends thought i was crazy because i hated toyotas, and guess what i bought...a toyota! lol..but i luv it and there's no stopping me now! i really love that commerical about "wanna know the value of a toyota?? ask someone who drives one." you know, that couldn't be truer! people hate me when i'm around and we see or hear that ad...lol..me and my big mouth!! of course i have to answer the question! :angel:
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby ericatdallas » Sat Sep 21, 2002 4:37 pm

Missay wrote:what else you gonna use it for besides dollar bills?

ekkk...my mother mentioned the other day that she was thinking about buying herself a solara convertible. lol..for someone who acts tough and tells me the car is beautiful but just "ok" she sure didn't seem that way when she was talking about it! as much as i don't want her to get one (for obvious reasons..common!) it would be kinda nice! then i can drive it every now and then if she let me! haha..i don't think she's going to go through w/ buying one, but you never know.

my father fell in love w/ the green 99sle that we found for 14k (well, i think he fell in luv more w/ the price!!). he had that "humm...maybe it's time for a new car" sparkle in his eyes when he was looking at it. haha...he shoulda just bought it! instead i have him finding every excuse he can to drive my car!! another one who acts like i'm a loser for liking the car so much..but who wants to take in on all his dates...cough cough...lol :D

Yeah, my mom tries to find every excuse to go in my car too! She now wants to get a new car too, fortunately, although she likes the Solara, she's not going to buy one. The green Solaras are so BEAUTIFUL! :)

I think they should make the coin tray a little larger and have a mechanism to hold them. Like those that you can put coins in and then slip them out of a tube. Those of you who went to arcades will know what I'm
talking about.

That'd be a cool feature. Hmm.. maybe I shouldn't post it and then write up a patent..
2000 Solara SLE V6 - Green w/ Beige Interior
ericatdallas
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Gunman » Sat Sep 21, 2002 8:54 pm

This is coming from some one that back in the day one the block in the hood had 3 iroc's and a corvette. So one day i get a job doing dealer prep work like doing the alarms and stereo's back on the new 92 camry when they came out, and little by little I began to appreciate them more and more. The smooth ride, relaiblty, and simplicity and install friendly they were. So in 93 I got one for a work car. Did a pretty nice system, not to mention when kenwood came out with the mask unit and gave me a perfectly flush radio i was in love. so almost ten years later,and 130k miles I needed a new one and the solara was the perfect upgrade for me. sleek but not to modest, sporty without comanding a whole lot of attention and still had a double din opening for my new excelon mask unit as well as over sized 6.5 perfect for my mbq's dsd. Hell yeah
Gunman
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Missay » Sat Sep 21, 2002 10:18 pm

ericatdallas wrote:I think they should make the coin tray a little larger and have a mechanism to hold them. Like those that you can put coins in and then slip them out of a tube. Those of you who went to arcades will know what I'm
talking about.

That'd be a cool feature. Hmm.. maybe I shouldn't post it and then write up a patent..

hahah..don't get too excited. the 1990 dodge caravan had that feature :D
it was even had a separate "built in tube" for nickels, dimes, and quarters! great for tolls and stuff like that.
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby ericatdallas » Sun Sep 22, 2002 1:19 am

dang people are always stealing my ideas before I think of them!

That's a cool feature, I wonder why it didn't catch on.
2000 Solara SLE V6 - Green w/ Beige Interior
ericatdallas
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Missay » Sun Sep 22, 2002 12:26 pm

if weren't for people always stealing our ideas, we'd all be rich by now!

.....i'm still angry..i can't believe someone already invented the heated steering wheel.... :evilbat:
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby NASTY » Sun Sep 22, 2002 12:34 pm

now theres a feature i wish the solara had!
'01 SLE V6
NASTY
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Gunman » Sun Sep 22, 2002 1:58 pm

you can get the stering wheel heater from trd. just order the racing gloves. :P
Gunman
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 24, 2002 8:19 pm

because Acuras are all sport-looking, no conservative appeal.
www.picturetrail.com/silversolara

Postby Blaze » Tue Sep 24, 2002 8:25 pm

gotta love those seatbelts pads :)
Blaze
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Re: Why did you buy a Toyota Camry Solara?

Postby mosch » Wed Oct 02, 2002 3:20 pm

ultramookie wrote:Just curious: Why did you buy your Toyota Camry Solara? What got you to plunk down those few thousand dollars on this car instead of a different one (like a Honda Accord or Nissan Maxima)?

I went out one day to go buy either an Accord V6 Coupe, or a Subaru WRX and I discovered that I'm too tall to ride those rides, so I test drove a Solara and it fit my three main criteria: 1) I fit in it. 2) It was under $30k. 3) It didn't suck.

So far it's been one of my best impulse purchases ever.
01 Solara SE V6
mosch
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Why did you buy a Toyota Camry Solara?

Postby Flipside909 » Fri Oct 04, 2002 9:49 am

I've always wanted a Solara since it was first talked about back in 98. I really missed the Camry Coupe and was glad to hear Toyota evolving it and offering a 5speed manual and V6 to it.
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Whatever » Tue Oct 08, 2002 10:41 pm

It's a little tricky about how i got a solara... about four month ago,my little brother got his drivers licence and my parents was planing to buying me a new car, and i would never thought that i'm going to get a solara,because i don't see this car around here,and don't know much about this car. One day my parents and me went to a dealer that sells toyota and honda(weird), and then the dealer was trying to find a camry for us, suddenly my dad called me over pointed a solara and asked me what kind of car is this (he say it's nice and stuff), and then after ten minutes without test drive my dad is already decide that HE is going to get a solara FOR ME, and of cuz he is the one who pays for the car so i kinda go with his decision, and got a solara. after i got the car, i start to fall in love with this car (sounds gay) and try to find information about this car, and that's how i found out about solara guy. now my whole family likes this car, hahah and i'm the owner of this car hahhahaha :D
Whatever
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

PreviousNext

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5