[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Mesh grills
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Mesh grills

Mesh grills

Postby Samuel » Fri Dec 19, 2003 4:38 pm

I was on TRD's website and the TRD Gen 2 Solara has a mesh grill, amongst other things. They said it was made by Trenz, I wonder if they would make one for the Gen 1 Solara. They have them for past gen camry's.
Samuel

Postby cruze105 » Fri Dec 19, 2003 6:43 pm

Whats the site again?
cruze105
SolaraGuy JerseyMan
SolaraGuy JerseyMan

Postby geminimouse » Sat Dec 20, 2003 12:02 am

Where did u see this?
http://www.trdusa.com ?
08 Accord Coupe
99 Solara Sold on 7/7/07
geminimouse
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby offthahook » Sat Dec 20, 2003 12:07 pm

Kinda off topic, but not really... Tell me it's a common pattern for the stock grill to peel the silver "finish" after a few years!! I wonder if there is a way to get all the silver "foil" off (without damaging the grill) and leave the grille black?. FYI-- they are about $100 new; I don't know if there is an aftermarket replacement.
offthahook
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby samuel » Sat Dec 20, 2003 1:57 pm

www.trenz.com - that's where the mesh grills are. I figured this out because on www.trdusa.com they list the new products for the 2nd gen Solara. They named trenz as the maker of the mesh grill. On the www.trenz.com site, they list older camry grills, etc. I just thought maybe they could make one for the 1st gen Solara if we get a group buy maybe.
samuel

Postby offthahook » Sat Dec 20, 2003 5:39 pm

miltdoggie wrote:Sand the chrome off, primer, paint with flat black, clear coat about 4 times..........

Sounds easy, but would the flakey stuff come right off?? In the past, I've noticed this chrome"finish" used on lots of plastics; it's almost like window tint. Comes off real easy in pieces, but damn hard to completely strip without damaging the plastic. I'm thinking of a dip process where it might clean the chrome all off, but leave the plastic intact and ready for painting. I dunno...
offthahook
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5