[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Vinyl to color-match interior parts to body color?
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Vinyl to color-match interior parts to body color?

Vinyl to color-match interior parts to body color?

Postby OKANG. » Mon Jan 26, 2004 7:37 pm

I've got a Diamond Pearl white SLE with Ivory leather and want to cover-up the wood trim and some other parts of the interior. The only color I can imagine looking good would be the pearl color of my exterior. I thought about getting them painted, but that'd cost a lot. Plus, if I ever changed my mind I'd be screwed. Then I thought about vinyl. I've found some online sign shops that sell pearl white vinyl and it looks like a good match. The price is around $40 for 15 inches x 10 yards. That's A LOT of vinyl, so I'd have enough to do just about anything I wanted. Has anyone worked with vinyl like this? Has anyone tried color-matching to the exterior with vinyl? I'm thinking that I can tackle the curves if I use a hair dryer/heat gun to help the vinyl bend.
Last edited by OKANG. on Tue Jan 27, 2004 12:40 am, edited 1 time in total.
OKANG.
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Mole » Mon Jan 26, 2004 7:51 pm

you can pop the wood trim off and re-wrap it. this way you wont have to fight too much inside the car.
the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

Postby OKANG. » Mon Jan 26, 2004 9:14 pm

Yeah, I was planning on doing that anyway. That's the only way you can make sure that the wood color won't show on the edges. Also, if you wrap it all the way around, it's less likely to come off. Do the pieces just pop off by pulling straight out?
OKANG.
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby FLASH » Mon Jan 26, 2004 9:22 pm

Theyre actually like glued in there, but pull and pry with some force and yes they will come out. If you hear popping and pulling, thats ok, but any cracking noises may be clips or the actual strips cracking. I just recently removed mine to paint them, so feel free to PM me
==FLASH==
99 Solara SE with Many Mods (See outdated website) - Weekend Warrior
2001 Cadillac Deville Daily Driver
(Wife's) 2007 Toyota Camry LE with Basic Mods
(Sister's) 2011 "Pink Prius"
FLASH
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby OKANG. » Mon Jan 26, 2004 11:55 pm

Okay, will do. This will be my next project after I get finished with some car audio stuff.
OKANG.
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5