[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Mud Guards
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Mud Guards

Postby onefiend » Mon Aug 12, 2002 3:56 pm

I found out that the Solara mudguards are $74.95 each (yes each!) and these are the painted ones, kinda expensive...4 mudgaurds cost as much as the TRD Springs and more than the TRD rear stabilizer bar...its not worth it, I guess I'll be rolling around without them mud flaps..

Hmm, now I'm thinking about getting the TRD springs...The Eibach springs are the same as the TRD one's right?
onefiend
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Kenn157 » Mon Aug 12, 2002 3:58 pm

$75 each?? omg! I'll paint the tiny lil scrap marks with "touch up" paint! oi mama mia! :(
Had a 99 Solara SE V6. Had a 06 Tacoma. Now I have a 2008 Camry SE V6
Kenn157
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

tito

Postby TITO » Sun Sep 22, 2002 8:14 pm

I bought black Solara mud flaps on ebay and my Solara is white. I just lightly sanded them with 400 sand paper and bought the matching paint and painted them myself and put a clear coat on top. A few months later they still looked great untill I ran over a tire stop (or what ever those concrete things in a parking lot are called). So I took them back off and repainted them again and again they look great.
99 V6, LOWERED, COOL CUSTOM GRILL, TINTED WINDOWS, CUSTOM FRONT BUMPER, WHITE 17" WHEELS, BODY KIT, CLEAR CORNERS, INTAKE WITH K&N.
TITO
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Jai_Jai_Binks » Mon Sep 23, 2002 7:22 am

75 bucks each! GUYS/GURLS...for $35 bucks my body shop painted my to match my car color, and YES THAT INCLUDED FLEXIPAINT (same stuff that goes on trd kits) so when the mud guard flexes, the paint doesn't chip, crack, or you know what I mean....that was in 2000, almost 3 years ago...and they are still good! flipside...and others...try that avenue!
Jai_Jai_Binks
Desi SolaraGuy
Desi SolaraGuy

Postby Flipside909 » Mon Sep 23, 2002 10:13 am

jhbhatia wrote:75 bucks each! GUYS/GURLS...for $35 bucks my body shop painted my to match my car color, and YES THAT INCLUDED FLEXIPAINT (same stuff that goes on trd kits) so when the mud guard flexes, the paint doesn't chip, crack, or you know what I mean....that was in 2000, almost 3 years ago...and they are still good! flipside...and others...try that avenue!

Hehe good find. But I already have the current set on my car which I may do your method later on. A friend of mine gave me her DWP mudflaps with barely any scratches so I will replace my old ones soon hehe.
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby *Charinee* » Tue Sep 24, 2002 6:31 am

Flipside909 wrote: Hehe good find. But I already have the current set on my car which I may do your method later on. A friend of mine gave me her DWP mudflaps with barely any scratches so I will replace my old ones soon hehe.

Hmmm....i wonder who's that friend might be :smilecolros: ahaha
*Charinee*
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Peter » Mon Jan 06, 2003 10:03 pm

blaze, you still selling them? hehe, i know this is old, but its worth a try
Peter's "Black Sheep"
-1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 Black 5 Speed

Visit Black Sheep
Peter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Yanks0114 » Tue Jan 07, 2003 3:57 pm

I'm selling them. Just make me an offer :wink:
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Toyota Solara

Postby adam2562 » Wed Jan 08, 2003 9:40 am

i maybe acn order you your mudguards ,i work at toyota for a cheaper cost... i'll see if they come painted tho
Adam - 99 V6 5spd 165k -SOLD
adam2562
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Price

Postby DavPak » Wed Jan 08, 2003 12:59 pm

i work at a toyota dealership....i just called my parts department and they told me the customer pay price is $76.19
but since i work here, i may be able to help you out.....wink wink nudge nudge :)
that's for all four painted (methinks diamond white pearl may be more)

and in response to which models have them and which don't.........they all have them, with an exception. the convertible models have only rear mudflaps due to rocker trim panels on those models. the only way a solara wouldn't have them is if the dealer accidently forgot to install them after the car came off the truck.....which happens sometimes!
'02 Solara S/C'ed V6 5-spd
DavPak
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Re: Price

Postby Flipside909 » Wed Jan 08, 2003 1:40 pm

DavPak wrote:i work at a toyota dealership....i just called my parts department and they told me the customer pay price is $76.19
but since i work here, i may be able to help you out.....wink wink nudge nudge :)
that's for all four painted (methinks diamond white pearl may be more)

and in response to which models have them and which don't.........they all have them, with an exception. the convertible models have only rear mudflaps due to rocker trim panels on those models. the only way a solara wouldn't have them is if the dealer accidently forgot to install them after the car came off the truck.....which happens sometimes!

Color Keyed Mud Flaps were an option. Option code is MG. Not all models came with the MG option. At least that's the case here on the west.
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

option

Postby DavPak » Wed Jan 08, 2003 2:07 pm

it is an option, but i have *never* seen one that didn't have them.
'02 Solara S/C'ed V6 5-spd
DavPak
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Ferrari_1299 » Wed Jan 08, 2003 4:42 pm

Mine didn't come with them, and I did'nt want them so it worked out perfectly.
1999 SE V6
Eibach Springs, Tokicko Struts, CF Hood, Custom Grill, Clear Corners, more to come...

http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/275185
Ferrari_1299
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: option

Postby Flipside909 » Wed Jan 08, 2003 4:58 pm

DavPak wrote:it is an option, but i have *never* seen one that didn't have them.

It's probably in your region that requires them as an option. Here in California, where majority of Toyota sales are, the mudguards are not a manditory regional option. So many of the Solaras allocated to California don't have the mudguard option standard.
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby TITO » Wed Feb 05, 2003 9:36 pm

If anyone is interested, I'm selling mine, I got new side skirts.
99 V6, LOWERED, COOL CUSTOM GRILL, TINTED WINDOWS, CUSTOM FRONT BUMPER, WHITE 17" WHEELS, BODY KIT, CLEAR CORNERS, INTAKE WITH K&N.
TITO
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

PreviousNext

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5