[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Headlight Lamp modification
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Headlight Lamp modification

Headlight Lamp modification

Postby pythonjosh » Wed Mar 10, 2004 12:00 am

Hello,
Since I heard it was illegal to smoke your headlights, I have another idea to increase the amount of black on my car. If I remove the front of
the lamp, then I can spray the inside with Night Shades. Has anybody
done anything like this before? My car's black with 5% tint and smoked
taillights. Just removed all the chrome badges (ie, SE V6 Solara). Painted
the grill black too. Just trying to make my car the least visible. Next I'm
gonna paint the friggin chrome trim around the windows. I am also having
problems removing the Toyota badge on the back. Is there a couple prongs on it? If anyone can help me, I'd appreciate it.
Thanks,
Josh
Brilliant Silver 03 Nissan G35 6MT

In the struggle for justice, I is prepared to lay my life on the line. Just like Martin Luther Vandross did.
pythonjosh
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby thealkimo » Wed Mar 10, 2004 12:08 am

Don't know anything about Night Shades and headlamps, but all the emblems are adhesive mounted.
thealkimo
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Re: Headlight Lamp modification

Postby TadS » Wed Mar 10, 2004 12:20 am

pythonjosh wrote:I am also having
problems removing the Toyota badge on the back. Is there a couple prongs on it?

Nope. It should just floss off. Just heat it up really well with a hairdryer or something.
Let's just pretend I didn't grow up, or you're going to be terribly disappointed.
TadS
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby FLASH » Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:04 am

Someone else with innovative ideas..I like :D I've thought about doing something similiar by opening up either the headlight or corner markers and tinting them, like with the film. I also thought about coloring the foglamps yellow. Your best bet would be to try to find a used headlamp cheap and test it on that, this way if you fudge up, your car will be fine.

Sounds like a good idea, give it a shot and let us know how it turns out. PS - it'l probably be illegal as well tho.
==FLASH==
99 Solara SE with Many Mods (See outdated website) - Weekend Warrior
2001 Cadillac Deville Daily Driver
(Wife's) 2007 Toyota Camry LE with Basic Mods
(Sister's) 2011 "Pink Prius"
FLASH
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Jai_Jai_Binks » Wed Mar 10, 2004 10:05 am

If anything, i'd suggest you to bake your headlights and then pry open them..and paint the inside of the reflective housing black...but then again..i'd suggest you to also buy bmer projectors and buy a hid retro kit. But then..you were asking for suggestions...thats what i'd do..but to do lack of funds...i'm stock! :wink:
Jai_Jai_Binks
Desi SolaraGuy
Desi SolaraGuy

Re: Headlight Lamp modification

Postby Fenix » Wed Mar 10, 2004 2:27 pm

pythonjosh wrote:Hello,
Just trying to make my car the least visible. Next I'm
gonna paint the friggin chrome trim around the windows.
Josh

Hey Josh,
I've been thinking about that ideal as well, but don't know where to start. If you figure it out, please share.

Thanks.
R.I.P baby.
Here come the black on black 5spds. New era....
Fenix
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby pythonjosh » Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:34 pm

Someone else with innovative ideas..I like I've thought about doing something similiar by opening up either the headlight or corner markers and tinting them, like with the film. I also thought about coloring the foglamps yellow. Your best bet would be to try to find a used headlamp cheap and test it on that, this way if you fudge up, your car will be fine.
Sounds like a good idea, give it a shot and let us know how it turns out. PS - it'l probably be illegal as well tho.
==FLASH==

I think I'll try using a blowdrier on the headlights. Safest bet. Then I'll
write a DIY tutorial if everything goes right. I'm gonna smoke my soon
to arrive clear corners and fogs too. Black as night, Pigs can't pull over
what they can't see :evil: .

but then again..i'd suggest you to also buy bmer projectors and buy a hid retro kit.

Can you tell me more about this? Never heard of this mod before. And prices if you know.

Has anybody bought those colored headlight bulbs on ebay?
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=2466244803&category=36476
Thinking about getting the red ones but would like some input beforehand.
The guy is selling green, yellow, purple, red, and blue headlights.
Thanks,
Josh
Brilliant Silver 03 Nissan G35 6MT

In the struggle for justice, I is prepared to lay my life on the line. Just like Martin Luther Vandross did.
pythonjosh
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby krawzyazn » Thu Mar 11, 2004 8:53 pm

i can i'll be done with that in a month when my set comes in lol
krawzyazn
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5