[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Twin Turbo?
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Twin Turbo?

Twin Turbo?

Postby themAnwiththeBaM » Mon Mar 22, 2004 11:25 am

I have a 1999 Automatic SE V6. Is it at all possible to twin turbo this engine? Does anyone know, or has anyone thought about this?

Reason I ask is because, I have plans of making it a manual, awd monster. So if anyone can help me out, I'd be much ablidged, and I just found this place last night :D .
themAnwiththeBaM
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby B_Master_Flash » Mon Mar 22, 2004 2:48 pm

of course its possible. If you have the money to make your solara AWD you will have the money for a custom turbo kit. The internals of the engine are going to be the pain though, our stock bottom end wont last long w/ all that compression.
Nascar would be a sport if half the cars were driving the other direction.
B_Master_Flash
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SC V6 » Mon Mar 22, 2004 3:09 pm

it would be better to just make it rear wheel, since an awd unit would be heavier.. I was thinking about doing that... but rear wheel would be better
Parting out my car!!! great upgrades for sale!
http://www.solaraguy.org/viewtopic.php?t=34449

Denso IK22's (6), SWAP PARTS! and more!!!
SC V6
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby SC V6 » Mon Mar 22, 2004 5:13 pm

thats insane... talk about not trying to do anything after u get that done.. u would have to have midget hands to get into anything on that biatch
Parting out my car!!! great upgrades for sale!
http://www.solaraguy.org/viewtopic.php?t=34449

Denso IK22's (6), SWAP PARTS! and more!!!
SC V6

Postby Jackass-Jeff » Mon Mar 22, 2004 5:51 pm

miltdoggie wrote:
ScottV6 wrote:thats insane... talk about not trying to do anything after u get that done.. u would have to have midget hands to get into anything on that biatch

Get some lil asians to work on it!!!!!! :evil: :lol: :evil: J/K fellas!!!

Count me out =P Maybe POLLY wants in on this :lol:
1GR-FE ftw!
Jackass-Jeff
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby kondo » Mon Mar 22, 2004 9:35 pm

Yeah I could get down with that. :drinking: After I have had a few sierra nevada's.
99 sle, 03 evo
kondo
SolaraGuy StickerGuy
SolaraGuy StickerGuy

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5