[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - sparco seats, steering wheel
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

sparco seats, steering wheel

sparco seats, steering wheel

Postby Ford_Fixorrepairdaily » Fri May 14, 2004 5:40 pm

hey Ive looked around this forum and i couldnt find anything about replacing stock seats and steering wheel. well for sure i know its illegal to take off your steering wheel , the air bag anyways. but does anyone know what kinda problems am i going to run into becuase of the side air bags, and all that bs.
Ford_Fixorrepairdaily
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Mole » Fri May 14, 2004 6:17 pm

i forgot the rule about steering wheels, but as long as you have an airbag present its all good. i'll get back to this later.

as for the seats, you just need to have a set of brackets. i believe corbeau makes a set. you will have to do some asking around.
the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

Postby Ford_Fixorrepairdaily » Fri May 14, 2004 8:38 pm

im pretty sure sparco ,momo etc dont make air bags, as for the seats. i thought that we had side air bags. i know we need a brackets for the seats, but im just worried about the air bags.

who thinks its worth it, to take off the air bags? i've seen accidents on tv where the person life would have been saved if only their air bag deployed. number one reason why i want to change my steering wheel, because of the detachable hub. i got my last car stolen before, and this would make it a lil harder for the car jacker to drive without a steering wheel.
Ford_Fixorrepairdaily
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby krook » Sat May 15, 2004 12:51 pm

we don't have side air bags. what year is your car? maybe the newer ones come with side air bags....
krook
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby sleepin2000 » Sat May 15, 2004 1:46 pm

I have a 2000 SLE and mine says next to the seat "SRS Side Airbags"
sleepin2000
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby geminimouse » Sat May 15, 2004 1:49 pm

side airbags were optional...we don't have curtain airbags tho :evil:
08 Accord Coupe
99 Solara Sold on 7/7/07
geminimouse
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Ford_Fixorrepairdaily » Sun May 16, 2004 2:11 am

well im just gonna get the seats and see wat kinda probs im gonna run into. wish me luck peoples! :D
Ford_Fixorrepairdaily
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5