[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Alternator Problem?
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Alternator Problem?

Alternator Problem?

Postby groovespacer » Thu Jun 10, 2004 10:36 pm

Yesterday, I Finished my last final at 10pm. I get to my car and try to start it and I get nothing. Not even a clicking noise. For some reason the dome light, security light, and key in ignition beeping work. I get my friend to jump it and it struggles but starts. I gas it and the RPM and Temperature gauge needles do not budge. We take off the jumper and engine shuts off. I sleep over friends house and get drunk(nothing I can do) We wake up and find a blown fuse.(100amp alternator one,right of battery). So, I get jumped again and think I am fine.(gauges work too) I still dont wanna take any risks so head straight home. I tested my luck by turning on the headlights, boom RPM drops. Luckily, I was in motion so I can start again. I get home and I let it sit idle and turn the headlight on again, engine shuts down(I break down and cry). I take a 12volt test light to the battery and looks like its all charged up. Is this an alt problem?

I heard autozone can test alt's for free. Is this true? Anyone know a custom alternator shop in So. Cali? I cannot seem to find any.
groovespacer
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby eugene5786 » Fri Jun 11, 2004 2:48 am

yep its the altinator, same thing happend to me when i installed my system. now i have a 150amp alt lying in my trunk thats about to be put in this week with my new box. i got mine from www.mraltinator.com
eugene5786
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Alternator Problem?

Postby Mole » Fri Jun 11, 2004 9:10 am

groovespacer wrote:Yesterday, I Finished my last final at 10pm. I get to my car and try to start it and I get nothing. Not even a clicking noise. For some reason the dome light, security light, and key in ignition beeping work. I get my friend to jump it and it struggles but starts. I gas it and the RPM and Temperature gauge needles do not budge. We take off the jumper and engine shuts off. I sleep over friends house and get drunk(nothing I can do) We wake up and find a blown fuse.(100amp alternator one,right of battery). So, I get jumped again and think I am fine.(gauges work too) I still dont wanna take any risks so head straight home. I tested my luck by turning on the headlights, boom RPM drops. Luckily, I was in motion so I can start again. I get home and I let it sit idle and turn the headlight on again, engine shuts down(I break down and cry). I take a 12volt test light to the battery and looks like its all charged up. Is this an alt problem?

I heard autozone can test alt's for free. Is this true? Anyone know a custom alternator shop in So. Cali? I cannot seem to find any.

is your name james by any chance?
the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

Postby groovespacer » Fri Jun 11, 2004 1:51 pm

Milt - I have an Optima Yellow top. I'll try that battery thing and let you know.
Bogey Man - Yeah, I am. You must be Mike. Thanks for that fuse suggestion. It atleast got me home.
groovespacer
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5