[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Eibachs or TRD??
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Eibachs or TRD??

Eibachs or TRD??

Postby redkysolarase » Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:06 am

I'm looking to get a lowering kit soon for my car and I'm wondering on what to get. A guy I know told me yesterday he can get some Eibach lowering springs for $275. I'm looking on toyotaparts4u.com right now and they have TRD springs for $232.87. I asked the guy that I could get the Eibachs from how much he'd install them for and he said around $200 bucks. I think that's crazy myself but I don't know. Is that a decent price? I searched this on the forum and that group buy came up. Is that still going on? One more question and I'm done lol. With buying these lowering springs it's not necessary to buy struts right away correct? I can wait a little while before I get them if I do at all right?
redkysolarase
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby bkp_duke » Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:34 am

$200 is great for a professional install (considering how much labor is involved). If you are local to So Cal I've heard there are a few users on this forum that will do them for cheap (miltdawg or something like that, i think).

You want to get struts ASAP b/c the stock ones were not designed to be used lowered and they will wear out quickly.
bkp_duke
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby redkysolarase » Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:40 am

I wish I lived in southern Cali. but I live in BFE Ky. Not many shops around here do that kinda thing and really not that many places around here have custom cars period. :(
redkysolarase
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Jon11582 » Tue Jun 22, 2004 11:41 am

Arent Eibachs and TRD springs the same thing? I think TRD uses Eibachs for thier springs.

I know you can find the Eibach springs alot cheaper, but not sure about installation.

You dont need struts now, but supposidly they should wear out soon with the extra drop, and the ride quality is going to suffer tremendously after they wear. I think its supposed to be somewhere in the range of 5000-10000 miles, but I havent heard from anyone whos struts have worn out from lowering.
2000 Black Solara SE
Jon11582
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby redkysolarase » Tue Jun 22, 2004 12:46 pm

I just went to the local Toyota dealer and they said they can get TRD springs for $300 and install them for another $100. I think I'll go that way cuz they know what they're doing and if I have any problems I can at least go yell at them and have them do something about it. If I went the other route I wouldn't have that. I'd just be out of luck :roll:
redkysolarase
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby bkp_duke » Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:15 pm

$100 for the install from a dealer!!!! WOW!!
bkp_duke
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Jai_Jai_Binks » Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:20 pm

Jon11582 wrote:Arent Eibachs and TRD springs the same thing? I think TRD uses Eibachs for thier springs.

Yes, the trd springs have EIBACHS & TRD written in on them. As far as the $100 install goes...WOOT to that...def. a getter. (but you will need alignment after the install) hopefully the dealer won't rape you in alignment (cus' lot of professional installers include alignment in their installation price). So you might want to get a breakdown on what all's included from everone..so that you have covered all avenues.
Jai_Jai_Binks
Desi SolaraGuy
Desi SolaraGuy

Postby WTF?? » Tue Jun 22, 2004 1:34 pm

TRD = Eibachs

also look for that Sticky about the ABS sensors... stupid dealers could fashion-central-united-kingdom up on that too... then they say "oh we gotta charge you for that" :bad-words: good thing i didnt go thru that... i do my research :wink:

good luck...
Retired... its been fun Image
WTF??
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby redkysolarase » Tue Jun 22, 2004 2:38 pm

Thanks guys on all the info. I don't have to worry about the alignment cuz I got the hook up on that one. Just gotta drive the car down the street and get them aligned for close to nothing. About the ABS deal thanks a bunch for that one. I wasn't thinking about it. Hopefully they won't pull that one on me.
redkysolarase
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby bassthrive » Tue Jun 22, 2004 2:48 pm

redkysolarase wrote:I just went to the local Toyota dealer and they said they can get TRD springs for $300 and install them for another $100.

OMG dude jump on that offer. My local stealership wanted like $500 for the install. Personally I wouldnt install springs w/o upgraded struts but thats just me.

- Paul
- Paul

y2k(1MZ)dWp
cpe mafci / apexi ws / tein s-tech + tokico / trd rsb
bassthrive
SolaraGuy Marklar
SolaraGuy Marklar

Postby StockSolara » Tue Jun 22, 2004 2:57 pm

Ebay man 230 shipped for a brand new eibach springs

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 83915&rd=1
StockSolara
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby StockSolara » Tue Jun 22, 2004 2:58 pm

StockSolara
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby redkysolarase » Tue Jun 22, 2004 3:00 pm

I thought about going that route but then I'd have to pay big time on getting them installed. I asked the dealership if I could buy the springs from somewhere else and have them install them for the same price and they said it was buy there and install there for one price. They wouldn't install springs that I got somewhere else. Probably for insurance reasons or whatever to just cover themselves.
redkysolarase
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Rudy » Tue Jun 22, 2004 4:54 pm

get struts at the same time.

You'll spend alot more money otherwise.
99 Solara V6 5SPD
Rudy
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Next

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5