[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - help me make a decision pls
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

help me make a decision pls

Postby Missay » Wed Sep 11, 2002 12:06 pm

oooo...you're torn aren't you!! isn't that the worst?! i spent a whole week before i went back to put a final deal on the car b/c i couldn't decide between the black and white...haahah.

I still stick by my "love at first sight" theory about the color too. go by what your gut instict is. think, when you wake up in the morning would you rather look out the window and stare at your very own silver solara, or your very own white solara!
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby NaptownSolara » Wed Sep 11, 2002 12:18 pm

Tough call on color. Only input I could give is that the white shows dirt a little more than the silver, but the silver costs a lot more for repaint if there's any damage you have to get repaired. Just food for thought.

John

Anonymous wrote:okie thanks!!

BTW both silver and white looks great

Tom
2001 Toyota Solara SLE V6 - Silver
Alpine/Kicker audio system
NaptownSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ericatdallas » Thu Sep 12, 2002 7:45 am

Green is the best color!

No, I agree with Missay. I went out looking for a Silver Solara and when I found a black one I went for black or silver and then I found gold and thought gold was a good color. Then I saw the green and well... after that I made my only requirement be it was green with a moonroof.

You have to see it on a Solara in person to truly appreciate the different colors. I would have balked at green and gold when I first started looking.

I saw a white solara the other day and it looks okay.
2000 Solara SLE V6 - Green w/ Beige Interior
ericatdallas
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Missay » Thu Sep 12, 2002 10:31 am

Ericatdallas wrote:Green is the best color!
You have to see it on a Solara in person to truly appreciate the different colors. I would have balked at green and gold when I first started looking.

o yea, no doubt! (and no..black is the best color!! haha..j/k)

it's weird though. when i looked at the green one that i was thinking about buying i really didn't like it..i'm not sure if it was just the lighting, or what..but i remember it being really ugly to me!! yet, now i'll see green solaras and i think it's the most beautiful color! it confuses me though cause i swear the one i saw was like a forest, blah yucky green..but the ones i've been seeing are a gorgeous deep, jungle/hunter, rich green colors. did i just make any sense in my descriptions?? lol..i know i'm crazy cause it's the same color on both!!

that's ok though, the "it" wasn't there w/ the green...the black tho...ooooo..now that made me happy, lol.

i felt special today, in just less than a 5min drive to the train station today i saw 3 solaras!! 2 whites, one silver. do they only make em in white now these days?? haha..i swear.

does anyone notice that they see a particular color solara again and again?? i hardly ever see black, blue, gold, and green, but i constantly see white, red, and silver.
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Agreed..

Postby SKYravefever » Thu Sep 12, 2002 12:26 pm

They usually are white, silver, and red.
SKYravefever
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Agreed..

Postby ericatdallas » Thu Sep 12, 2002 12:49 pm

SKYravefever wrote:They usually are white, silver, and red.

Yeah, that's the biggest reason why I chose against white and red. They're so common (same reason I decided against the Accord) and I'm not that crazy about them to begin with.

Although, when I look at them on other people's cars, I think it's not a bad color.
ericatdallas
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby cdssolara » Fri Sep 13, 2002 6:00 pm

Mine is black, which really looks great when it's just been cleaned. Unfortunately, as soon as it gets a speck of dirt on it, the look deteriorates quickly. At night, a black Solara is stunning, especially if it's been raining a little, and you get some reflections!
cdssolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Missay » Fri Sep 13, 2002 7:15 pm

cdssolara wrote:Mine is black, which really looks great when it's just been cleaned. Unfortunately, as soon as it gets a speck of dirt on it, the look deteriorates quickly. At night, a black Solara is stunning, especially if it's been raining a little, and you get some reflections!

i feel so much better! i finally cleaned my black solara since i got it from the body shop like 3weeks ago...phew! i've been past the "california duster" wipe down mornings for 2weeks it was so dirty. ahhh..i luv washing the car..it's so therapeutic!
my pet peeve is drive through car washes!! no way!! my door and hood has no scratches anymore..i'm not about to get them back! (well, no scratches minus a fresh, really hard smash, probably from an opening door, into the passenger's side door handle that i noticed washing the car...ewww...not very noticable, but i swear it cracked some of the body! stupid people who don't know how to open their doors!)
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby cdssolara » Fri Sep 13, 2002 7:54 pm

Yeah, doesn't that suck? Especially with a black car. Every time someone opens their door without thinking and hits the side of my car, I get a mark. It's just so hard to keep a black car looking good. I try to park my car as far from other cars as I can, but that's just not possible sometimes. I never worry about tight parking places with my older SUV, but I get really anal about it with my Solara.

By the way, never use an automated car wash, although I guess you know that now. I now do all my washing by hand, and my collection of car cleaning products keeps getting bigger and bigger.
cdssolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Missay » Fri Sep 13, 2002 8:04 pm

cdssolara wrote:By the way, never use an automated car wash, although I guess you know that now. I now do all my washing by hand, and my collection of car cleaning products keeps getting bigger and bigger.

Is it just my imagination, or are the prices for cleaning products seem to be getting higher and higher everyday! I love it when target has a sale, sometimes you can get it cheaper than at Lappen's or Auto Zone.
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby krook » Fri Sep 13, 2002 8:17 pm

Anonymous wrote:Heyyy thanks alot for the input :D

Some people tell me not to get Solara because of its look, they think it is for old people (I get really mad when I hear them say that, Solara looks really good!).

ya think people saying it's for old people gets ya mad. . .this'll really piss you off: some people tell me that a Solara is a chick's ride. :agrue: not true. it's a MAN'S ride! :P
krook
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Guest » Fri Sep 13, 2002 8:38 pm

hAhAH... Will a white Solara look good with the TRD body kit? Is the TRD kit perfect fit? What is the ground clearance? If you can provide answers to my three questions, then I dont know... lol, anyways thanks!! :lol:

Tom

Postby Missay » Fri Sep 13, 2002 8:54 pm

krooked Solara wrote:ya think people saying it's for old people gets ya mad. . .this'll really piss you off: some people tell me that a Solara is a chick's ride. :agrue: not true. it's a MAN'S ride! :P

hahah..omg!! that's exactly what the guys i work w/ and my mechanic say. they call it a chick car, but i don't see it. lol..i have a key chain that is just the work "chick" with little lips on either side...haha..for my chick car!

personally, i tend to think of my car as a guy's car since it's black w/ beige..for some reason i tend to think of white w/ black to be a chick car.
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby Guest » Sat Sep 14, 2002 1:12 am

Do you guys regret gettin the Solara? If you can make the decision again, will you rather choose 2002 Accord Coupe V6, 2003 CL non-type S, or the Solara again? SOrry for all the trouble guys!! ThanKS :)

Tom

Postby ericatdallas » Sat Sep 14, 2002 12:42 pm

I would buy my solara again. I might go for a convertible next time though.
ericatdallas
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

PreviousNext

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5