[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - help me make a decision pls
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

help me make a decision pls

help me make a decision pls

Postby Guest » Sun Sep 08, 2002 6:40 pm

Hey guys I am new to this forum so please be nice to me... hahah!!

I will be purchasing my first car in a month, and I cannot make up my mind which car to get.

Since I can only get an automatic car here is the breakdown:

Acura RSX 160hp with complete oem bodykit and spoiler
2003 Accord Coupe
2003 Celica GTS Automatic (Maybe with the TRD bodykit)
2003 Solara SLE V6 with the TRD bodykit

2 questions, which one looks best, and which one is the fastest. I like the Solara with the TRD bodykit ALOT, but my friends told me never get a solara.

Also, how much does the TRD bodykit for the Solara cost? And can I get them from Toyota dealers?

Thanks alot!

Tom

Re: help me make a decision pls

Postby Missay » Sun Sep 08, 2002 7:11 pm

Anonymous wrote:I like the Solara with the TRD bodykit ALOT, but my friends told me never get a solara.
'

hey, tom! why did your friends tell you not to buy one? they just don't like the look or do they have a problem w/ it mechanically?

don't get me wrong, the rsx is very reliable (i can tell you for a fact!) and nice, but i wouldn't buy one. That was one of the cars I was looking into buying but I decided to get the solara over the acura. the accord is nice too, but one thing to consider..everyone and their mother has an accord!! true you'll be crusin in style, but true you'll look like everyone else on the road! there aren't a lot of solaras, so you tend to turn draw more attention w/ it.

i'd say it's a toss up between the celica and solara. if you like sportier cars go for the celica (or rsx if you don't mind low horsepower) or the solara if you like a not so sporty luxury sports car..hahha..did that make sense?? :P
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby onefiend » Sun Sep 08, 2002 7:55 pm

All are great cars. Buy what you want, not what we think you might like! The greatest gift you have is to make your own decisions for yourself, dont let a bunch of strangers pick out your car for you.

Have a nice day :)
onefiend
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Guest » Sun Sep 08, 2002 8:11 pm

Heyyy thanks alot for the input :D

Some people tell me not to get Solara because of its look, they think it is for old people (I get really mad when I hear them say that, Solara looks really good!).

Hey Missay you are really good!! I AM in a struggle between the Celica and the Solara.

Every time I see a Solara in the parking lot, I always say WOW because it looks so sleek and elegant.

I plan to get a 2002 SLE V6 with sunroof for under 25k out the door. Is that possible? or can I get it with a lower price?

Tom

Postby droomyster » Sun Sep 08, 2002 8:54 pm

you should be able to get that price with the 2003's coming in... they are looking to get rid of the 2002's...
droomyster
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 09, 2002 9:09 am

hey buddy.. in my opinion.. id greatly consider the revised accord coupe.. u sure as hell wont get it for under 25.. sticker on it is around 26-27.. plus tax and license.. but whatever u do.. DO NOT GET THE NEW ACCORD SEDAN.. those are really ugly.. get the coupe.. trust me.. the "spy pics" and media pics dont do this car justice.. ive seen her in person and i was in awe... dont get me wrong.. solaras are also beutiful cars.. but when it comes down to a 240 hp 212 lb or torque v6 6speed stick.. its possibly the best car in its class..

Postby Missay » Mon Sep 09, 2002 11:55 am

Anonymous wrote:but when it comes down to a 240 hp 212 lb or torque v6 6speed stick.. its possibly the best car in its class..

if you don't mind looking like everyone else!! (that's why i bought a used solara over a brand new accord! it would have been nice to have a "brand new" car..but when you have to have something!!)

Guest wrote:Hey Missay you are really good!! I AM in a struggle between the Celica and the Solara.
Every time I see a Solara in the parking lot, I always say WOW because it looks so sleek and elegant.

hahah..like onefiend said..you have to go by what you like. go down to the toyota dealer and test drive a celica and a solara. Trust me, when you have the right car, you'll know it as soon as you get behind the wheel!! If the solara and celica just don't cut it or don't give you that excited, butterfly feeling of "oh!! i luv it!! I need to take it home right now!" then move on to the honda dealer and/or acura dealer!

but like i've said before time and time again...i've never regretted buying a solara, but you have to do what's right for you!! (hahah..you might want to ask me again in 5years when I'm out of college i have no money to pay off college loans b/c I've been paying for the car for 5years!!)
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby Guest » Mon Sep 09, 2002 1:29 pm

hahaH kewl :D

Thanks Mellisa!

I was ready to purchase the RSX a month ago, but after I got behind the wheels, I felt weird. I couln't believe that I could turn down a car I had loved for nearly 6 months!! I just felt sooo weiird behind the rsx i didnt know why. I didn't feel kewl in the RSX... My inner self told me not to get it thats why I moved on to celica and solara.

I am going to a dealer tomorrow to test drive both, hope I choose the solara over the celica!

Tom

Postby Missay » Mon Sep 09, 2002 8:31 pm

Anonymous wrote:hahaH kewl :D

Thanks Mellisa!

I am going to a dealer tomorrow to test drive both, hope I choose the solara over the celica!

Tom

anytime!!
alright!! go, tom! take good notes...we all want a full report about the test runs between a solara and celica!

it's ok if you don't get the solara and go for the celica..as long as you get that tingly-butterfly-falling in love feeling then you did just fine! :D
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby NASTY » Mon Sep 09, 2002 9:06 pm

if youre gettin auto, go for the solara
the celicas is realllllly quick, but if you need a manual to take advantage of the power (by revvin the hell out of it)
so id say solaras ure best bet
'01 SLE V6
NASTY
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 10, 2002 3:57 pm

I test drove the Solara, as for the Celica I didn't even test drove because I fell in love with the Solara's exterior when I saw it. There is no need to try the Celica because the Solara looks so elegant...!! The power is adequate and it's really comfortable while driving that car.

The dealer is askin for 27900 out the door for 2003 SLE V6 with moonroof. How is that price?

Tom

Postby ericatdallas » Tue Sep 10, 2002 5:04 pm

Does no one use Edmunds.com? Well even if you don't, NEVER pay sticker for a car.
ericatdallas
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Missay » Tue Sep 10, 2002 5:19 pm

that's probably about the going price. you can try http://www.kbb.comtoo. Since you're buying it new though you should have no trouble getting one so i'd try to haggle and if they don't give you what you want..shop around! there no fear of not getting one unless the color and trim level you want isn't on the lot.

I'm thinking though, you might want to look at the 02 models...let me find the disscusion we all had and i'll give ya the link. we decided that the 02 and the 03 were basically the same, so you should just take advantage of the inventory clear-out sales, buy a 02, and "pretend" it's a 03..hehehe

i'm glad you liked the solara!! so you fell in love w/ it?? so what color is it inside and out??
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby Missay » Tue Sep 10, 2002 5:20 pm

http://www.zer0.info/solaraguy/viewtopic.php?t=947

here ya go...just something to think about! :P
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby Guest » Tue Sep 10, 2002 10:21 pm