[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Cheap Rims + Wheel ??
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Cheap Rims + Wheel ??

Cheap Rims + Wheel ??

Postby yellowdcn » Wed Jul 07, 2004 12:29 am

Does Any One Know Any Sites Where I Can Get Rims + Whells for cheap. Thx Alot
yellowdcn
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby thealkimo » Wed Jul 07, 2004 1:31 am

don't skimp on rims and tires...

check out wheelsnext.com or wheelmax.com for competitive prices...and then there's always ebay :wink:
thealkimo
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby groovespacer » Wed Jul 07, 2004 2:38 am

groovespacer
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby michaels artic frost » Wed Jul 07, 2004 5:08 am

Be weary about cheap rims and tires. I've been scammed once, but luckily my credit card hard fradualant protection and they were able to reimburse me the money.

Check the http://www.bbb.org/ before you do any purchasing.

Take heed of my advise, cus it's a long process to get your money back.

TIP: What I normally do is check out the site and call them and see if they can give me a discount then what they have on the site. Then take their name and the amount and take it to a local shop and see if they can match or beat it. I've been doing that for quite some time and it saves me the hassle of dealing with online businesses. Plus if anything goes wrong, it's much better to deal with local shops then online businesses.

Hope this helps,
-Michael
Updated 06/01/12: Michael T's
Updated 06/01/12: JUICED! 232whp 294ft/lbs of torque
"Every passing minute is another chance to turn it all around."
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby michaels artic frost » Wed Jul 07, 2004 6:07 am

Here's the site that never sent my wheels and tires. I knew the pricing was too good to be true. They charge my credit card $650, including shipping and handling the first day. I gave then 2 months to send me my wheels. I called, and called, and called and kept on getting excuses after excuses. Then I called my credit card company. My credit card company was able to credit me the entire amount because they could never provide a tracking number for my wheels and tires. This process took 2 months.

DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THIS PLACE. They've been reported for bad business with the BBB as well.
http://216.242.145.9//shop//category.phtml?cat=AIR+Wheels

They also called and harrassed me after my credit card company contacted their DUMBA$$. BUNCHA LOSERS.
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Ford_Fixorrepairdaily » Wed Jul 07, 2004 8:27 am

you can try www.wheelmax.com , my friend order a set of 17" racing harts for 1200 with tires shipped back then when they use to carry it.
Ford_Fixorrepairdaily
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby MalBandito99 » Wed Jul 07, 2004 10:28 am

I hope ur gettin 20s cuz thats what the Gen 2s deserve. Gen 1-1.5 get 19s. I know you know what I mean. :D
MalBandito99
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby michaels artic frost » Wed Jul 07, 2004 11:12 am

MalBandito99 wrote:I hope ur gettin 20s cuz thats what the Gen 2s deserve. Gen 1-1.5 get 19s. I know you know what I mean. :D

Better go with 20s on Gen2 unless you racin then go with 18s or 19s and lowered. 18s were way too small with 225/40/18 tires, trust me...I had 18s...LOL. Do what MalBandito99 said about Gen 1-1.5.
michaels artic frost
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby GR » Wed Jul 07, 2004 9:12 pm

You haven't disclose WHY you need cheap rims and tires. For performance? show?

To answer your question:

Cheapest with utmost reliability, like you asked, are steel wheels and Pilot Sport tires. Should run you for under $500 in their MSRP prices.

However you're obviously implying with ganster rims and tires like Kate Moss. In that case, you go to ebay, tires.com or your local flea markets. Flea markets are always the first choice. They run around $800 depending on what you're looking for.

Or better yet, save money and get forged/semi-forged rims. It saves you money on the long run. The question is pretty much if you have the patience.
GR
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby yellowdcn » Thu Jul 08, 2004 10:30 am

Im just looking for a good price for rims and wheels for my car
yellowdcn
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby krawzyazn » Thu Jul 08, 2004 12:22 pm

since your in socali what are you looking for some of us might be able to help
2002 2AZ-FE SILVER Toyota Solara
<B>FIRST 2AZ Gen 1.5 Solara with Headers!!!</b>

<B>http://WWW.Obamastinks.net</B>
krawzyazn
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby geminimouse » Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:03 pm

Kung Fighting Dude wrote:you can buy those cheap rims if you want, but remember this, you get what you pay for.

Motegi has some nice rims and they aren't expensive.
08 Accord Coupe
99 Solara Sold on 7/7/07
geminimouse
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby MalBandito99 » Thu Jul 08, 2004 3:06 pm

Whats wrong with being flashy? Just dont go thru the hOOd near you and you wont get jacked. And park in a garage. Dont you know man? The MORe you spend on ur rims the cooler u are and the chicks digg u morre! :drinking: :-?
MalBandito99
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Next

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5