[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - i want an audio system in my car dammit
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

i want an audio system in my car dammit

i want an audio system in my car dammit

Postby llzjayarzll » Sun Oct 19, 2003 6:55 am

how do u guys put the single din in the solara? ubought a holder or something?
aluminum dash trim
red lightglow interior lighting 4pc
red lightglow undercar kit 4pc
r34 skyline bodykit bumper/ sideskirts
pioneer motorized double din
gen 3 altezza
clear cut corners
....solaras fit for the ladies... lol i got my s2k for races.
llzjayarzll
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby kubi » Sun Oct 19, 2003 9:10 am

I got a kit thing from souddomain.com. 11.95, just search the install accessories for installation kits.
kubi
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Mole » Sun Oct 19, 2003 9:42 am

this should be in audio/video.

but just what kubi said, you need to buy a bracket that is able to support the single din.

if you have no clue what we are talking about it may be best to take it to a shop.
the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

Postby HKSV6SLE » Sun Oct 19, 2003 11:00 am

yeah get a mounting kit...or take it to a shop....
2008 LEXUS IS350 SGM
www.lexusnet.com
HKSV6SLE
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby MGLax13 » Sun Oct 19, 2003 3:58 pm

Forget a shop. Places will charge you like $60-$100 or more to install a HU into your dash. For like $30 for a wiring harness and a dash kit, you can save alot of money and it feels nice to know that you did the install yourself.

You'e looking for just a DIN sized pocket for Toyotas. Anything that fits a 1983-UP Camry will work.

Then, take the brackets off the side of your Toyota factory radio and using those screws, screw the bracket to the side of the pocket and the HU w\o the cage That should do it.

Good luck. Any more questions. PM or e-mail me.
MGLax13
SolaraGuy Solara13
SolaraGuy Solara13

Postby ChrYstiE » Thu Oct 23, 2003 1:43 pm

It's called a POOCCCKKKKEEETTTT! :)
08 VW GLI
ChrYstiE
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Mole » Thu Oct 23, 2003 3:24 pm

MGLax13 wrote:Forget a shop. Places will charge you like $60-$100 or more to install a HU into your dash. For like $30 for a wiring harness and a dash kit, you can save alot of money and it feels nice to know that you did the install yourself.

You'e looking for just a DIN sized pocket for Toyotas. Anything that fits a 1983-UP Camry will work.

Then, take the brackets off the side of your Toyota factory radio and using those screws, screw the bracket to the side of the pocket and the HU w\o the cage That should do it.

Good luck. Any more questions. PM or e-mail me.

did your solara come with a single din stereo? if so, then you are exempt from all other solaras. mine came with a double din. so going from double to single, you will need a new bracket.
the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

Postby HKSV6SLE » Thu Oct 23, 2003 5:28 pm

were theer actually solaras that didn't come with the double Din radio?
2008 LEXUS IS350 SGM
www.lexusnet.com
HKSV6SLE
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby impactX » Thu Oct 23, 2003 6:44 pm

TRDMole177 wrote:did your solara come with a single din stereo? if so, then you are exempt from all other solaras. mine came with a double din. so going from double to single, you will need a new bracket.

No you don't. There are already brackets on the double din deck, you just take it off and put it onto the pocket and the new single din deck.
impactX
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Mole » Thu Oct 23, 2003 9:44 pm

what about the gaping hole in the other din area?
the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

Postby impactX » Thu Oct 23, 2003 10:40 pm

That, you just have to buy a pocket. It's a plastic box-lookalike thingy that takes up space haha.

You bolt the deck and new deck together by reusing the old brackets. Then you install it the same way as the stock deck.
impactX
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ZXLNT » Fri Oct 24, 2003 3:37 pm

Yes a pocket is what you need. It mounts right under the after market radio. U just use the factory brackets on your aftermarket radio and the pocket fits in between the brackets. Pretty darn easy..
One of these days I will get around to modding the brackets to recess the radio and make it fit flush..

ZXLNT
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby MGLax13 » Fri Oct 24, 2003 5:42 pm

That sounds like a real nice mod. The radio like sticks out almost an inch and I can't even use the trim ring to make it look better....Flush mount sounds cool. When I take out my stereo this weekend to install my amp and stuff, I'll look into this mod.
MGLax13
SolaraGuy Solara13
SolaraGuy Solara13

Postby ZXLNT » Sun Oct 26, 2003 1:43 pm

Pretty sure there is enough clearance to the back. Shouldn't be a big deal to do. Just slot the mounting holes in the brackets...
ZXLNT
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5