[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Circuit Breaker and Fuse Holder
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Circuit Breaker and Fuse Holder

Circuit Breaker and Fuse Holder

Postby nguyenSTX » Thu Oct 30, 2003 7:02 pm

I just got my Phoenix gold amp kit and circuit breaker.... I'm a newbie when i comes to car audio, so when i saw the diagram on the package for setup there was no circuit breaker (i bought it cuz a friend said i'm gonna need one) only the fuse holder.

My question.. do I need both Circuit Breaker and Fuse Holder? If so does it go before or after the fuse holder? Does it add anymore protection for the amp and everything else?

I'm planing to install new speakers in the front and back this weekend and figure i should up grade the speaker wires and layout the amp kit wire too. I don't have and amp yet :D but if i'm taking apart the door and rear deck I might as well. I've read everyones complaints about taking a part the rear deck, so I'm not looking forward to that part. :(
1999 Toyota Solara SE 4 cyl 5s-fe Auto
nguyenSTX
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Yanks0114 » Thu Oct 30, 2003 7:18 pm

A circuit breaker is just a resettable fuse in essence. I am not sure if you used the wrong word or your friend just lied but you will only need an inline fuse
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby prophesized » Fri Oct 31, 2003 4:36 pm

you dont really need a circuit breaker until you start running high power stuff where they dont have fuses big enough to cover the current draw.
prophesized
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby HKSV6SLE » Sun Nov 02, 2003 1:44 am

yea changing the rear speakrs are apain..but its aa good idea if you're pulling the rear deck out to do the wiring as welll and leave it there , so it will be ready when you add amps and stuff...you might also want to run a few extra power wires in case you want to add say a strobe, neon etc....
2008 LEXUS IS350 SGM
www.lexusnet.com
HKSV6SLE
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby nguyenSTX » Sun Nov 02, 2003 10:31 am

Thanx for the info guts. I just finished putting my 6X9's :lol: But i'm to lazy to put the back back together.

I laid down the power wire down one side and the RCAs down the other, which side does the Remote wire go? same as power?
:o
nguyenSTX
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Circuit Breaker and Fuse Holder

Postby ZapmanSQ » Sun Nov 02, 2003 11:38 am

nguyenSTX wrote:I just got my Phoenix gold amp kit and circuit breaker.... I'm a newbie when i comes to car audio, so when i saw the diagram on the package for setup there was no circuit breaker (i bought it cuz a friend said i'm gonna need one) only the fuse holder.

My question.. do I need both Circuit Breaker and Fuse Holder? If so does it go before or after the fuse holder? Does it add anymore protection for the amp and everything else?

I'm planing to install new speakers in the front and back this weekend and figure i should up grade the speaker wires and layout the amp kit wire too. I don't have and amp yet :D but if i'm taking apart the door and rear deck I might as well. I've read everyones complaints about taking a part the rear deck, so I'm not looking forward to that part. :(

what PG amp is it? maybe i can help you!
ZapmanSQ
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby nguyenSTX » Sun Nov 02, 2003 12:25 pm

I don't have the PG amp yet, i'm just laying out the wire while i have the rear torn a part so i won 't have to do it twice.

But if you have any suggestions for what PG amps to get, I'm open for suggestions. I need it to power the component and 6X9s. Both Boston and from what i remember there norm aroudn 50w and peak is like 200W
nguyenSTX
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby ZapmanSQ » Sun Nov 02, 2003 2:38 pm

well, i don't know wat your budget , but PG line have 3 difference models and the bottom line start from Octane R( replace for QX), next is tantrum and the top one is titanium which is the best line of PG for $$$$, the best SQ, clean and powerful amp.
ZapmanSQ
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby nguyenSTX » Sun Nov 02, 2003 3:19 pm

I definatly want to keep it Sub $300. I can't spend to much, theres still a head unit and subs to get. :drinking: Oh yeah and the amp for for those subs. Theres just way to much stuff to get.
nguyenSTX
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby ZapmanSQ » Sun Nov 02, 2003 5:36 pm

sure! you can get a 12" Ti sub and the box for that price, and spend about another $300 to get an amp 500 watts to run that sub. maybe PG tantrum 500.2 , and by the way if you plan to buy for your HU make sure buy a good good deck otherwise you won't hear difference between SQ and crapp.
ZapmanSQ
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby MGLax13 » Sun Nov 02, 2003 10:17 pm

nguyenSTX wrote: I laid down the power wire down one side and the RCAs down the other, which side does the Remote wire go? same as power?
:o

You should run it with the power, but it doesn't make that much of a difference because it's such a weak power signal getting sent through there. I've even seen RCA's that had a remote turn on wire running in the middle of it.
MGLax13
SolaraGuy Solara13
SolaraGuy Solara13

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5