[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Door speaker size question
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Door speaker size question

Door speaker size question

Postby 2ksev6 » Mon Nov 03, 2003 11:18 am

I have a 2000 solara with the JBL system components currently in my doors. It's about time for them to go, and I need to know what size my door speakers are. Are they 6 1/2 or 6 1/2S?

Those of you that have replaced your door speakers, did you have to have a bracket made for it to fit, or did they just screw in? Everything on this site I've read says that people are using 6 1/2 only, so I hope that's all I need. I spoke w/ CarToys and they said making brackets out of ABS would run about $45 :-? and another $45 for installation, if I in fact have 6 1/2S speakers.

Thanks,
E
2ksev6
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby HKSV6SLE » Mon Nov 03, 2003 11:56 am

uh im almost for sure that toyota put 6.5 in all the door locations. and if you were to change the speakers, you don't need new bracktes, it's just a drop in deal. i changed mine with rockford fanatics....and i think cartoys was the place i looked at over the internet that was charging 650 for my clifford matrix rs3 alarm which is a rip off.....without installation....better watch out...
2008 LEXUS IS350 SGM
www.lexusnet.com
HKSV6SLE
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby 2ksev6 » Mon Nov 03, 2003 3:59 pm

Thanks, that's great news. Where did you end up going for your speakers?
2ksev6
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Fenix » Mon Nov 03, 2003 6:57 pm

I think the best fit is 6.5S. I used to have a set of seperate 6.5S speakers in there perfectly. Now, I have the standard 6.5 Infinity Kappa set, and it didn't quite fit perfectly, required some dynamat though.

Go to Crutchfield.com to determine what kind of speaker you want, and then head to Ebay.com.

Very easy to install, save ton of money, and the satisfaction of the power of do it yourself ---> Priceless.
Fenix
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby 2ksev6 » Wed Nov 05, 2003 5:56 pm

Did the screw holes on the 6.5 Infinity speakers fit over the mounting points in the door? Where did you have to put dynamat? If I can get away with doing that and not having to make a bracket, that'd be great.

I'll keep an eye out for 6.5s speakers, but they aren't common. As long as the way you put the speakers in the door keeps them in securely, and it sounds good, then that's the way I'll go. Thanks for the info btw, I'll install them myself if it's easy.
2ksev6
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5