[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - My System
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

My System

My System

Postby ChrYstiE » Thu Nov 20, 2003 1:29 pm

I joined sound domain today...tell me what you guys think!

http://members.sounddomain.com/chrystie

-Chrystie
08 VW GLI
ChrYstiE
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby HKSV6SLE » Thu Nov 20, 2003 2:02 pm

looks good...your running all of that without a cap? its times like these that it makes me wanna go all out max out my credit cards and build my system up even more..
2008 LEXUS IS350 SGM
www.lexusnet.com
HKSV6SLE
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby ChrYstiE » Thu Nov 20, 2003 4:38 pm

I have a 1/2, I'm getting 2 1 pharads soon, they're on layaway at work, lol.

-chrystie
08 VW GLI
ChrYstiE
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby MGLax13 » Thu Nov 20, 2003 5:48 pm

Where do you work?
MGLax13
SolaraGuy Solara13
SolaraGuy Solara13

Postby Yanks0114 » Thu Nov 20, 2003 7:06 pm

ChrYstiE wrote:I have a 1/2, I'm getting 2 1 pharads soon, they're on layaway at work, lol.

-chrystie

Forget the caps, trust me. They're useless. Get a yellowtop battery and even better, a higher output alternator

SICK System

I love the perfects and the JBL amps(Thats what I have too, but I only have 2)

BTW the JBL amps draw a ton of power
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby HKSV6SLE » Thu Nov 20, 2003 7:34 pm

why do you say caps are useless for? getting another alternator is a lot of money, for people that don't have a very powerful system then having a cap or two..is useful...and sorry to tell you this but almost any high enbd car installation has caps in the install somewhere...to say that its useless in my opinion is pretty dumb sounding. yes it might not as useful when you havea high end system and running off the stock aternator, but for people who either don't have the money or the time to get a high power alternator then a cap might be good for them....
2008 LEXUS IS350 SGM
www.lexusnet.com
HKSV6SLE
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Re: My System

Postby fotodad » Thu Nov 20, 2003 7:48 pm

ChrYstiE wrote:I joined sound domain today...tell me what you guys think!

http://members.sounddomain.com/chrystie

-Chrystie

Sweet!

What group or artist gets cranked the most?
2004 Solara SLE
Lunar Mist/Graphite
InvisaGuard
20% tinting all around
Michelin Pilot A/S
Sirius/Streamer plug and play satellite radio
a smiling face in the driver's seat!
fotodad
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby prophesized » Thu Nov 20, 2003 8:27 pm

HKSV6SLE wrote:and sorry to tell you this but almost any high enbd car installation has caps in the install somewhere

theyre there for show...just like a wing on a civic :lol:

http://www.welcometotheden.8k.com/caraudio/Captest.pdf

check that out

chrystie thats a nice install you have. how do you like the 9815? ive been thinking about getting one soon.
prophesized
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby kubi » Thu Nov 20, 2003 10:00 pm

Caps are not a solution to a power problem, they are a band aid. The caps provide immidiate power to the amp which can be useful in some cases, however this allows your system to put even more stress on the alternator drawing power for the system and recharging the caps.
kubi
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Yanks0114 » Thu Nov 20, 2003 10:35 pm

HKSV6SLE wrote:why do you say caps are useless for? getting another alternator is a lot of money, for people that don't have a very powerful system then having a cap or two..is useful...and sorry to tell you this but almost any high enbd car installation has caps in the install somewhere...to say that its useless in my opinion is pretty dumb sounding. yes it might not as useful when you havea high end system and running off the stock aternator, but for people who either don't have the money or the time to get a high power alternator then a cap might be good for them....

I'd like to remind you that I am a moderator and I've been here for a lot longer than you.

Watch your tone of voice
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby geminimouse » Thu Nov 20, 2003 11:05 pm

That's a really nice system chrystie. :D

Yanks, since u are a moderator, u should know not to go off topic.
Last edited by geminimouse on Thu Nov 20, 2003 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
08 Accord Coupe
99 Solara Sold on 7/7/07
geminimouse
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby indiglosolara » Thu Nov 20, 2003 11:10 pm

how much did everything run you..... ??

BTW

this is a very nice set up..
indiglosolara
Solara 2 xB
Solara 2 xB

Postby HKSV6SLE » Fri Nov 21, 2003 1:49 am

im jyst reponding to what you said about caps are useless cuz they are not... so eat your words...maybe they're useless to you cuz you have a high end system or whatever, but i think it's unnecessary to say caps are useless cuz if they were why would they be made in the first place? not everyone has a high end powerful system and maybe one cap is all they need.
2008 LEXUS IS350 SGM
www.lexusnet.com
HKSV6SLE
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby all_red » Fri Nov 21, 2003 1:54 am

well, I think you look wonderful :oops:
Ohh and about the system, I'm not a really big fan of those. I'd like to see a pic of the engine with LOTS of mods.
5-speed V6.
TRD Supercharger.
TRD Short Throw Shifter.
Tokico/Eibach combo.
all_red
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

siztem

Postby ChrYstiE » Fri Nov 21, 2003 8:56 am

all_red wrote:Ohh and about the system, I'm not a really big fan of those. I'd like to see a pic of the engine with LOTS of mods.

I wouldn't know what to do first! My only cheap fix so far is a K&N air filter, lol. I don't have the money for a s/c or for whatever the hell a xerd header thing is. I think after I add rims and a spoiler, I'm getting a new exhaust system. Not a freakin tip, but new all of that stuff, which will probably run me about 600 bucks.

With the caps, I guess they are a cheap fix, but what the hell. If they work, then let it be. I've seen people with another battery or another alternator, but I think the Solara alternator is pretty strong/big/whatever enough to take my system with 2 1/2 caps.

BTW I work at Circuit City...

-Chrystie
08 VW GLI
ChrYstiE
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Next

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5