[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Capacitors
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Capacitors

Postby Yanks0114 » Tue Dec 03, 2002 8:05 pm

SolaraConvertable wrote:Instead of buying a new alt, i had an optima yellow top installed in my trunk along with my stock battery under the hood. I am running a 1800 watt stero system, the only thing that i notice dimming is the indiglos but its pretty minor. My old system, i only had 600 watts to the subs with two 1.5 caps and my headlight looked like they were blinking. Now i upgraded to 1500 of bass and 300 interior with the yellow top and everything is good. Ive had it like this since may and havent had a problem with my alt. If u want, check out my system on my website http://www.cardomain.com/id/yahbaby98[/url]

How do you have the battery hooked up so it also grabs charge from the alternator. System looks amazing.
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby SolaraConvertable » Wed Dec 04, 2002 1:34 am

i have something made by stinger, i forgot what its called. its something like a battery isolater. It splits the front battery to the back battery and allows both to charge. Also, when u have the car off on accessory the system works only off the battery in the trunk, so u can blast the radio forever and still be able to start the car.
SolaraConvertable
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Yanks0114 » Wed Dec 04, 2002 4:08 pm

SolaraConvertable wrote:i have something made by stinger, i forgot what its called. its something like a battery isolater. It splits the front battery to the back battery and allows both to charge. Also, when u have the car off on accessory the system works only off the battery in the trunk, so u can blast the radio forever and still be able to start the car.

That sounds awesome, definately think i'm gunna have to invest. Thanks man
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Guest » Wed Dec 04, 2002 5:23 pm

yeah you should, i think its only like 60 bucks. Yanks where in jersey are u from?

Postby SolaraConvertable » Wed Dec 04, 2002 5:25 pm

Sorry for the double post but i wasnt logged on before
yeah you should, i think its only like 60 bucks. Yanks where in jersey are u from?
SolaraConvertable
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Yanks0114 » Wed Dec 04, 2002 6:31 pm

Northern NJ, Morris County. How much did you pay for the red top battery. Also does it need to go into a steel casing?
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby SolaraConvertable » Wed Dec 04, 2002 6:35 pm

I paid about 160 or 170 for my yellow top but the other day i was at costco and saw the red top for 105. These type of batteries can be placed pretty much anywhere, you dont need to put it in a steel casing
SolaraConvertable
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Gunman » Thu Dec 05, 2002 9:33 pm

hmmmm never seen your car around. :-?
Solara's "official" handsome guy.
Gunman
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Previous

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5