[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - dry cell battery
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

dry cell battery

dry cell battery

Postby krook » Thu Nov 21, 2002 8:07 pm

i'm looking to purchase a dry cell battery. i'm not running an expensive sound system, i just don't want all of my accessories to run off my oem battery. a co-worker of mines told me that i shouldn't purchase one that is different from my oem battery. and if i did, that i need a battery isolator. is this true?
krook
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Re: dry cell battery

Postby Yanks0114 » Thu Nov 21, 2002 9:12 pm

krooked Solara wrote:i'm looking to purchase a dry cell battery. i'm not running an expensive sound system, i just don't want all of my accessories to run off my oem battery. a co-worker of mines told me that i shouldn't purchase one that is different from my oem battery. and if i did, that i need a battery isolator. is this true?

When your car is on your accessories don't run off your battery they run off your alternator. A battery upgrade such as a yellow or red top will only benefit you if you keep your car in "accessory" or "on" mode
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby ericatdallas » Thu Nov 21, 2002 10:31 pm

You're suppose to buy two of the same batteries at the same time when you want to have two in your car. For the same reason as why those AA batteries tell you not to mix and match too. I'm too tired to go into this but yeah, your friend is right.
2000 Solara SLE V6 - Green w/ Beige Interior
ericatdallas
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5