[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Remote starts for the solara.
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Remote starts for the solara.

Postby Gunman » Tue Jan 07, 2003 9:29 pm

thats because its set to voltage sense, where its gonna cranck for a probably.06 seconds, when the car is cold is takes longer to start up, what you want is for it to be connected to the tach wire so it can learn when the car is on, as far as your range, its the antenna, its the antenna its the antenna. wish i could help you, but kinda to far for that, but return it and go someplace else is the best thing for you now
Solara's "official" handsome guy.
Gunman
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Missay » Tue Jan 07, 2003 11:58 pm

think i could get them to just replace the antenna? i'd hate to have them take out the whole thing when it works fine except the range.
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby Gunman » Wed Jan 08, 2003 7:57 pm

yeah awhile back i had a bad one, the customer was complaining about the range so when i walked away he wasnt responding, fine thats all i need to see so i opened a new box and exchanged antenna's and its been fine since.
Solara's "official" handsome guy.
Gunman
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby AzN_DrAgoN48 » Sat Feb 08, 2003 9:30 pm

i know this might sound stupid but how do you shut the engine off??
2001 Dark Blue Solara SE V6
8000k Osram HID
Silverstars fogs
Clear Corners
Passport 8500 Hardwired
Two Alpine 12" Type R Subs
JBL BP600.1
AzN_DrAgoN48
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Missay » Sat Feb 08, 2003 9:35 pm

press the start button again..or step on the brake :)
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Postby AzN_DrAgoN48 » Sat Feb 08, 2003 11:16 pm

do you put the key in when your going to drive it?
2001 Dark Blue Solara SE V6
8000k Osram HID
Silverstars fogs
Clear Corners
Passport 8500 Hardwired
Two Alpine 12" Type R Subs
JBL BP600.1
AzN_DrAgoN48
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby krook » Sun Feb 09, 2003 5:24 am

AzN_DrAgoN48 wrote:do you put the key in when your going to drive it?

you have to, otherwise the steering wheel would lock when you try to take turns. after remote starting you would get in the car and turn your key to the ON position, the notch just before the CRANK position.
krook
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Missay » Sun Feb 09, 2003 5:50 pm

yup..you have to put the key in the ignition and turn it 2 clicks to keep it started b/c once you put your foot on the brake it turns off
sooo..

1)You can't get the car out of park w/out your foot on the brake and the steering column locks up if you turn the wheel

and 2) of course to unlock the steering wheel, you have to put your foot on the brake and turn the steering wheel/keys at the same time..so the car turns off if you do that since your foot is on the brake :wink:
Melissa
Missay
SolaraGuy Ambassador
SolaraGuy Ambassador

Previous

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5