[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Mixing Brands
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Mixing Brands

Mixing Brands

Postby Peter » Thu Dec 12, 2002 3:54 pm

I hear the mb quarts have great highs, but they're soft and the kappas have really sharp highs. is it good to mix these two. hows the combo? anyone know? gunman?
Peter's "Black Sheep"
-1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 Black 5 Speed

Visit Black Sheep
Peter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Gunman » Thu Dec 12, 2002 8:51 pm

do you mean swaping the tweeters?
Solara's "official" handsome guy.
Gunman
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Yanks0114 » Thu Dec 12, 2002 8:55 pm

If you are looking for amazing top of the line speakers check out focal utopias. But from my experience with the mb quartz and kappas they are both great speakers. I would stick with one brand throughout the car as each speaker has different characteristics.
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Peter » Thu Dec 12, 2002 11:19 pm

damn, i already got the 2 brands....its not a bad thing is it? no gunman, just rears and front different
Peter's "Black Sheep"

Visit Black Sheep
Peter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby NaptownSolara » Fri Dec 13, 2002 7:06 am

Not necessarily true. It depends on your tastes, and the application. For example, I have Alpine 177a's in the front, and some semi-crap Pioneers in the back. I saved money because all I'm using the Pioneers for is rear fill. The Alpines are good enough to fill the car all by themselves.

If you are talking about mingling front components, I'd advise against that. The crossovers aren't built with other brand speakers in mind (unlike aftermarket xovers).
2001 Toyota Solara SLE V6 - Silver
Alpine/Kicker audio system
NaptownSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Gunman » Sun Dec 15, 2002 7:48 am

agree, sometimes the frequency response your looking for might not be available in the company so you can move to another brand to help your sound field. :wink:
Gunman
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Peter » Sun Dec 15, 2002 11:41 pm

dont worry guys, i wouldnt dream of mixing components. all im doing is using infinity 6x9 and mbquarts components. and i hear the infinity speakers have sharper highs and mb has softer highs. but yeah, we'll see how it sounds
Peter's "Black Sheep"

Visit Black Sheep
Peter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Gunman » Sun Dec 15, 2002 11:45 pm

hmmm usually people refer to mb's as too bright, i really like the mb 6x9
i used a amp close to yours and put the rears on a low pass and they really banged and loud too, guys though there was a small sub in the back, give that a thought :wink:
Gunman
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5