[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 2 Very cool products
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

2 Very cool products

2 Very cool products

Postby Blaze » Wed Jan 29, 2003 6:25 pm

Ive been looking at the recent CES show and found 2 cool gadgets that I really want,

The first is the Archos Video AV140, a 40GB hard drive media player that plays MP3, MPEG-4 video, and JPEG images. You can add additional modules to make it into a camera or an fm tuner. The bad thing about it is that it has a small screen, 1.5" :( Price $450

The second is the Lyra RD-2780 it does the same stuff as the above, has a 3.5" screen but no camera, and a smaller hard drive at 20GB. Price $400

Theres also one out already thats like the archos player mentioned above.
Its a lil skimmed down version, heres a review http://www6.tomshardware.com/mobile/20020809/index.html

I think mookie has the archos mp3 player which he modified, so im guessing it wouldnt be that hard to upgrade the HD on these either
Blaze
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby nkx1 » Fri Jan 31, 2003 11:02 pm

There's a bunch of hard drive mp3 players out right now. I currently have the edigital treo 15 (15 gb). Although there are a few small things I would change, I feel it's one of the best values around. I like it's really small size and small price tag (I got it for $200 before a $50 rebate). Now edigital just came out with the Odyssey 1000 www.edigital-store.com/odyssey1000.html which is 20gb, an fm stereo, voice recorder, usb 2.0, and more. It's $349 right now (it's an awsome value at $349), but I'm sure it will come down in price after it's been out for a couple months or more.
2001 SLE, Diamond White Pearl
nkx1
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Blaze » Fri Jan 31, 2003 11:07 pm

ya but id like a movie player too :) to play all my dvd copies :wink:
Blaze
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby nkx1 » Sat Feb 01, 2003 10:11 am

Oh yeah, I noticed that after my post. Actually, that RCA Lyra looks pretty badass. And if it's starting out at $399, I bet it may come down to $300 or so. I might have to get that. I love the way the RCA looks.
2001 SLE, Diamond White Pearl
nkx1
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5