[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Amplifier installation
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Amplifier installation

Amplifier installation

Postby J » Fri Feb 14, 2003 7:08 pm

Hi,
I am considering installing an amplifier. My only question is getting the power cable from the engine compartment to the interior. Any ideas if I would have to drill the firewall or what is the best location where I run the cable?

Thanks
J

Re: Amplifier installation

Postby Yanks0114 » Fri Feb 14, 2003 7:09 pm

J wrote:Hi,
I am considering installing an amplifier. My only question is getting the power cable from the engine compartment to the interior. Any ideas if I would have to drill the firewall or what is the best location where I run the cable?

Thanks

Check my sounddomain page for how the 4 gauge was run through my firewall.
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby nkx1 » Fri Feb 14, 2003 8:02 pm

I did the same thing as yanks. I think it's the best way, because you don't have to drill a hole in your car, and it's water tight because of the rubber around the wire.

http://photos.yahoo.com/bc/nkx1/vwp?.di ... %26.view=t
2001 SLE, Diamond White Pearl
nkx1
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby krook » Fri Feb 14, 2003 8:14 pm

i bored a hole just above my brake pedal. well, actually up and to the left of the brake. lay on your back and look under your dash. pull out that rubber piece that looks like a fat propeller shape. (just rip it out) behind that: the firewall. drill a small hole first, then with a uni-bit bore it out. put in a grommet and run your wire.

this way saves wire as the battery is on the drivers side versus if you ran it through the passenger side. took me about 2 minutes to run the wire.
we ALWAYS use this procedure for Camry's when running the wire into the car from the engine bay.
krook
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby J » Fri Feb 14, 2003 8:43 pm

Thanks for the quick response and suggestions. Nice ride yanks.

Thanks again,
J
J

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5