[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - factory "aftermarket" JBL rear speaker replacement
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

factory "aftermarket" JBL rear speaker replacement

factory "aftermarket" JBL rear speaker replacement

Postby woa_its_j3ff » Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:21 pm

So my rear speakers have been blown for about a good 3 months now and after talking to the Toyota dealership they said it was gonna cost 179 bucks APIECE!!! + LABOR!!!.. wtf??

so i went to my work (circuit city)where my supervisor told me about some great Polks and Eclipses that are about 150-170 a pair and they sound great!

so interesting how dealerships rip you off by more than 200%...

just like how that one time my shifter light thing went out and they wanted to charge me 140 +labor for the parts. I got that "special bulb" at autozone for $2.99

anyways, anybody know some really good 6x9 speakers that offer great midrange/lowend bass?

(i dont want subs so something close to that or with a nice amount of base is pretty good. as far as tweeters etc that isn't too important since i upgraded my front ones already. and no i dont care much to match the front speakers with the rears, i have infinity for the fronts)

thanks. Jeff.
where many hate, few will love,
But for those who love,
they'll see what it's like to live.

SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby Sparticus » Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:28 pm

http://www.mobiletoys.com/partners/jbl/ ... &TYPE=NONE

there are some replacements that will fit a 1999 solara by jbl
1999 v6 SLE, 5% tint, drilled + slotted rotors, clear corner lights, TRD RSB HAS ARRIVED!!!! WTB: new tokico struts.
Money for Solara = $0 untill after christmas.
Sparticus
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby woa_its_j3ff » Sun Nov 19, 2006 7:30 pm

^ yeah but my supervisor (we are non comission) he said these eclipses and polks sound way better than the JBL, and in truth they kind of did.
where many hate, few will love,
But for those who love,
they'll see what it's like to live.

Postby Jackass-Jeff » Tue Nov 21, 2006 9:25 am

Get the Alpine Type R rear set... the Eclipse source units are great but the speakers are sub-par.

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-uWZbYLpel7 ... 500SPR69LP

I can get Eclipse/Alpine/Diamond and a few other brands pretty cheap. Let me know.
Jackass-Jeff
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby DatSRBoi » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:13 am

woa_its_j3ff wrote:^ yeah but my supervisor (we are non comission) he said these eclipses and polks sound way better than the JBL, and in truth they kind of did.

I been working at CCity a big chunk of my life. Listen to me... Polk audio is a good way to go. Dont get Eclipse. The one we got arnt worth the money. TRUST ME. Alpine speakers arnt good as they use to be and can cost a big chunk or money. With what we got polk audio is good.

As for JBL.... ours isnt high powered one but Its easily compareable to me with economic end of polk audio, JL, eclipse, and so so. He's probably use to hearing it with a 4 channel amp plug up to it. Not to mention you feel it as sounding better. But its factory. And for factory, it sounds good.

And another thing. Way circuit city is design, Everything seems to sound good or allot better for some reason compared to it being in a car . :wink:
[b][color=red]WARNING: MY SIGNATURE MAY CAUSE SEIZURES![/color][/b]
DatSRBoi
Grumpy SolaraGuy
Grumpy SolaraGuy

Postby PXLpainter » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:28 am

I am TOTALLY going with all Polk Audio gear when I move that direction. I've been using their home theater/sound reinforcement stuff for years and it's the best quality above all else IMO. Has the richness and mid-range warmth that the others miss (especially BOSE!). The last I checked though, they don't automotive subs though, so I'll have to go with something else there.

I will also most likely go to CC for the purchase/install as well - decent price and they warranty their work. ;)
Old CarDomain pages here: http://www.cardomain.com/ride/2247283
So-long to my 2006 SLE Convertible...
PXLpainter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby DatSRBoi » Tue Nov 21, 2006 10:47 am

PXLpainter wrote:I am TOTALLY going with all Polk Audio gear when I move that direction. I've been using their home theater/sound reinforcement stuff for years and it's the best quality above all else IMO. Has the richness and mid-range warmth that the others miss (especially BOSE!). The last I checked though, they don't automotive subs though, so I'll have to go with something else there.

I will also most likely go to CC for the purchase/install as well - decent price and they warranty their work. ;)

Polk do make subs. Not bass hitting hard like some other brands but very luxury typed that you can feel.
[b][color=red]WARNING: MY SIGNATURE MAY CAUSE SEIZURES![/color][/b]
DatSRBoi
Grumpy SolaraGuy
Grumpy SolaraGuy

Postby Jon11582 » Tue Nov 21, 2006 11:53 am

I got two JBL 6x9's from someone else's Solara off ebay for 20 bucks to replace my factory stock non JBL's with. He replaced his with Polks

Labor...well you can do that yourself but for the rear speakers, it aint fun, and its a pretty drawn out process.
2000 Black Solara SE
Jon11582
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Ruski » Tue Nov 21, 2006 1:47 pm

mine blow to replaced them with JBL after market But in my old accord went polk Cheap price on ebay But sound amazing !!!!
Totaled 9-14-07 NEW 6-6-08 04 Se Sport White
Ruski
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5