[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 1999 and 2005 JBL Rear Speakers Question
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

1999 and 2005 JBL Rear Speakers Question

1999 and 2005 JBL Rear Speakers Question

Postby Goon » Mon Nov 27, 2006 8:16 am

Is it possible to use 2005 Solara JBL rear stock speakers for a 1999 Solara?
I'm having problems with the mounts, and connection plugs are different.

It's my first time working this, and yea sounds like a dumb question? :p

Thanks!
Goon
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby NeFaRiOuS_SLE » Mon Nov 27, 2006 2:55 pm

Hello,

First off, welcome to SolaraGuy, and you might want to introduce yourself in the "Introductions" section.

In regards to what you're asking, if your Solara is non-JBL, then the connection plugs are definitely different from the JBL (but not all hope is lost; you may strip the wires and fuse it together).

As for the mounts, 1999 has a 3-bolt mounting bracket and the 2005 may have 4 (but I'm not too sure). Therefore, if you TRULY want it to work, you'll have to drill holes to make it work.

Another piece of advice is to return it to wherever you got the speakers from and get the appropriate sets, sell it on eBay or whatever... OR get yourself a set of aftermarket speakers; in my opinion, even a cheap set of Jensen speakers beat an OEM JBL.
NeFaRiOuS_SLE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5