[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - pricing for installing complete system
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

pricing for installing complete system

pricing for installing complete system

Postby tito53 » Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:57 pm

this is the first quote i've received from the first place i called (closest one to my house). what do you guys think about the pricing??

1.installation ...................=$120
2.amp wiring kit...............=$25 (sorry dont know what brand right now)
3.dual 12'' ported sub box.=$70
4.wiring harness...............=$15 (is that small adapter really that much)
--------------------------------------
......................................$230 +

5.then he said i'm going to need custom mounting (where the head unit goes) because there isn't one available for the solara 01 :evil: now thats a lie right?

its lookin like its going to be around $250. need an opinion here! how much did you guys pay?? i'm installing 2 infinity 12'' subs, a jensen dvd unit (vm9311 touch screen, got a real nice deal on it), and a profile amp.

any suggestions when they drill through the firewall? should the cables be running through passenger or drivers side? is the back of the back seat a good place to mount the amp??

thanks in advance
tito53
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ~Spadwaller~ » Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:15 pm

Dude I spent too much money on installs just DIY its not that hard.
~Spadwaller~
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby crispone » Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:30 pm

Price can range from very low to TARDED high.... none of that matters.

Q: Is it WORTH the $250 to have the stuff installed for you?

(If YES)

A: Do it.

(If NO)

A: Requote or DIY or find a "friend".

Nobody can answer your question but you.

NOTE: I just got quoted over $4000 for a PARTIAL JL AUDIO system I was wanting to investigate..... if I do it myself, ALL THE SAME COMPONENTS through internet etc... purchase, I end up around $1800. If I do the whole system with stuff in my basement PLUS some high-end component JL AUDIO stuff, I can do it for under $1000. It's all relative, man....

Good luck!

-crisp :evilbat:
crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby Turbosolara » Mon Dec 11, 2006 4:38 pm

he lied, you dont need a custom installation kit. dont go there.

no need to drill hole

profile amp sucks, good sub with bad amp might sounds undesireable.
2002 Lexus IS300 5MT
1997 Prelude base, 5MT
Turbosolara
juicy Taiwanese sausage
juicy Taiwanese sausage

Postby unbalancedwood » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:22 pm

My buddy got a complete system for his car that included a 7" screen/hu, 2 7" alpine screens, a JL W7 12", and two amps, models arent really important because he ended up paying way more, almost twice as much, then the equipment was worth just on installation (tweeter). ended up being $6,500

Read up on some tutorials/walk thru's and do it yourself. It might be nice to have someone who knows how to work with the electical/fabrication side of things. if i was closer i would lend a hand. Like anything, once you do it, it only gets eaiser...its fun too! lol

http://forum.carstereos.org/
http://www.caraudio.com/forum/
unbalancedwood
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Hipknotik » Wed Dec 13, 2006 12:59 am

well... for my system, i did everything along with a friend. i drilled a hole in my firewall through the driver side and just ran it back.

grounded right where the backseats meet the trunk [bad spot but no worries IMO]

in all honestly, thats just way too much 250...

I went to my local Fry's and asked how much they would do it for and they said roughly 100 which i thought was way too high especially for the system im using right now [downgraded to 1 12' xplod from 2 12' kickers -sold them, needed $]

So if you really dont want to do it yourself, then I say at least get requoted somewhere else...

1) no need for custom mounting
2) my harness cost 20$ but thats cause i didnt wanna shop around
Hipknotik
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby rec » Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:11 pm

Turbosolara wrote:he lied, you dont need a custom installation kit. dont go there.

no need to drill hole

what do you mean by profile amps ? what are some good brands? is legacy a good brand ?
Mine is black.......
rec
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby hskrsolara » Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:14 pm

damn, I wish my system only cost $250! shoot, I paid that for 1 of my subs. You get what you pay for and quality is not cheap.
99 DWP SEV6 5spd 6.5psi+Meth, Tein+Tokico, EricSol+Brembos+EBC, OBX Headers+OBX 3" Exhaust, Supra MAF & 330cc, Spec 2+, Fidanza, TRD lip kit, Injen+Ext, Optima Red, Infinity 60.5+693.7i, 2 Kappa Perfect 12 VQ's+iPod+JVC DVD...etc
hskrsolara
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby RichD978 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:15 pm

rec wrote:
Turbosolara wrote:he lied, you dont need a custom installation kit. dont go there.

no need to drill hole

what do you mean by profile amps ? what are some good brands? is legacy a good brand ?

legacy :drinking: :lol:

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/818696
VOTE FOR ME FOR SHOWOFF OF THE WEEK
RichD978
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Re: pricing for installing complete system

Postby RichD978 » Thu Dec 28, 2006 11:18 pm

tito53 wrote:
1.installation ...................=$120
2.amp wiring kit...............=$25 (sorry dont know what brand right now)
3.dual 12'' ported sub box.=$70
4.wiring harness...............=$15 (is that small adapter really that much)
--------------------------------------
......................................$230 +

5.then he said i'm going to need custom mounting (where the head unit goes) because there isn't one available for the solara 01 :evil: now thats a lie right?

its lookin like its going to be around $250. need an opinion here! how much did you guys pay?? i'm installing 2 infinity 12'' subs, a jensen dvd unit (vm9311 touch screen, got a real nice deal on it), and a profile amp.

any suggestions when they drill through the firewall? should the cables be running through passenger or drivers side? is the back of the back seat a good place to mount the amp??

thanks in advance

Heres some advice from a daily installer

jensen dvd unit- sell it back while you can it will crap out on you in less than 60 days

Amp kit- $75-$100
Wiring harness- $20
Dash kit- $20
dual 12" box= if it's $70 it will sound like it cost $70.
Amp= you get what you pay for

best advice i can give you is to do it right the first time.

http://www.cardomain.com/ride/818696
VOTE FOR ME FOR SHOWOFF OF THE WEEK
RichD978
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Re: pricing for installing complete system

Postby tito53 » Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:13 am

RichD978 wrote:
Heres some advice from a daily installer

jensen dvd unit- sell it back while you can it will crap out on you in less than 60 days

its been about 2 weeks, ill get back to you in a month and a half. for my first system to be a flip up dvd im pretty happy with it :D its turnin heads already lol im trying to be really careful with it, like not having the ac running while the screen is up, just in case. i can already tell the difference in quality of the interface from the pricier units, but hey it gets the job done. im slowly stocking up on music dvds now since i can play them while driving hehe
tito53
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5