[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Is my battery good enough?
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Is my battery good enough?

Is my battery good enough?

Postby Mcthings » Thu Jan 04, 2007 1:36 am

Hi, (1997 Toyota Camry)

I have just a regular battery in my car. Nothing special. No optima yellow top or whatever, just a normal one (I can check the specific checks if need be, but...)

I just ordered a bunch of audio equipment:
Rockford Fosgate Punch Stage 2 10" Dual 4-ohm Component Subwoofer
Q-Logic QLT-.6510SS Single 10" Truck Box-Vol=.65 cubic ft.
Profile AP700M 220W x 1 Car Amp
Profile AP740 60W x 4 Car Amp

and things that I already have are a pretty nice alpine deck, 4 nice pioneer speakers, a on dash sat radio, and an on dash nav system.

Do I need to look at geting a seperate battery for all of this gear? I am afraid I am going to run down this battery too much with all of my gear.

Any help would be great, thanks!!!
Mcthings
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby hskrsolara » Thu Jan 04, 2007 9:10 am

dont worry about getting a new battery...that system shouldnt pull very much juice. If you want to make a cheap mod that will help you a little bit, upgrade your alternator cables to a bigger size. This will help keep your battery charge sustained.
99 DWP SEV6 5spd 6.5psi+Meth, Tein+Tokico, EricSol+Brembos+EBC, OBX Headers+OBX 3" Exhaust, Supra MAF & 330cc, Spec 2+, Fidanza, TRD lip kit, Injen+Ext, Optima Red, Infinity 60.5+693.7i, 2 Kappa Perfect 12 VQ's+iPod+JVC DVD...etc
hskrsolara
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby tito53 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:16 pm

i kind of have the same worry... tonight when i was driving on the freeway back home, i was blasting my music and i noticed my lights dim way too much along with the beat of the bass, enough to distract me while driving ... more than the loud music. it seems normal since im blasting the system but does it hurt the battery, lights or other electronic components in the car? i dont think its bad enough to blow a fuse while driving but my main concern is what it might do to an HID kit once i get it installed. i know those bulbs are very sensitive... is a capacitor my only solution?
tito53
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SolaraGuy22 » Fri Jan 12, 2007 11:21 pm

I would definitely upgrade if you're going with HID's. Capacitors are useless from what I hear. You may want to do the "Big 3" upgrade http://forum.sounddomain.com/forum/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=5;t=007801;p= or get a ground kit http://www.v6performance.net/store/product_info.php?products_id=85&osCsid=4a9dfba303d56110a11a3de10bdcabc8.

As far as Mcthings, you should be fine with your OEM battery.
SolaraGuy22
SolaraGuy Pimp
SolaraGuy Pimp

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5