[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - double din navi install
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

double din navi install

double din navi install

Postby skipfiddes » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:45 pm

Hey there, first post. I just purchased a 2002 Toyota Solara
(SLE) last week. I am currently in the process of installing a new navi deck. The pioneer double din AVIC-D1 I believe. I am curious to where the easiest spot to get my ACC, and 12 V would be? Perhaps the lighter for the 12V? anyone have any suggestions. Pics or diagrams would be greatly appreciated. Thanks

Kris

p.s. I have read about the amp bypass, I think I'm solid in that aspect.
Last edited by skipfiddes on Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
skipfiddes
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby ClassySolaraGuy » Mon Mar 05, 2007 2:50 pm

Welcome to SG! I'm sure you meant "SLE" right? :lol:
ClassySolaraGuy
1 Rockin' Solara
1 Rockin' Solara

Postby funboy102 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 3:19 pm

I am curious to where the easiest spot to get my ACC, and 12 V would be

Are you planning to use a OEM-to-aftermarket harness? Those really simplify installation and cost no more than $10. You'll be able to use the ACC and 12V signal that your original OEM deck was using.

Crutchfield has it for $9.99 + S&H... http://www.crutchfield.com/S-n2I0bsK089 ... =120701761

Orrr if you wanna save $10, you can find the toyota audio wire diagram color chart, and find out which wire in the stock harness correspond to what... but if you do that, you'll be messing with the stock wiring, if anything goes wrong, you're screwed... compare to if you get a harness, if anything goes wrong, just get a new harness...
1999 Solara SE V6 5-Speed PICS! http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?t=43759
funboy102
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby skipfiddes » Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:36 pm

lol, how embarassing..... yes sle. Sorry forgot to mention I have the harness already.... so I can just get acc and constant power from the old deck wires? I have the 2 harnesses that you just plug onto the bypass part (same as the link you sent, thanks for that by the way). Would you happen to know of hand which wires I use from the old harness? I could use a tester.... but you know. Experience is always the best bet. :D
skipfiddes
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby netherland24 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 7:29 pm

yellow on that harness is constant/ red is ignition
00 SS Lara 277hp
05 DODGE RAM 1500 n/a
netherland24
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby funboy102 » Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:35 pm

hey netherland24, I think he was asking about the OEM harness, not the aftermarket harness. Yellow is typically the constant color and red is typically the ignition color, but for stock harness... refer to this
http://www.installdr.com/Harnesses/Toyota-Wiring.pdf
+12 volt ignition will be GRAY and
+12 volt constant will be BLUE w/ YELLOW stripe...

good luck installing "skip fiddles"
funboy102
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby skipfiddes » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:49 pm

Thanks, thats exactly what I was looking for.... and the name is Fiddes :) not fiddles. So I am just going to get my 12v constant and ignition from the oem harness and then use my 2 aftermarket harnesses on the bypass connectors. This is what I plan to do. Is this correct? Thanks for the help thus far
skipfiddes
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby skipfiddes » Tue Mar 06, 2007 12:50 pm

I might jsut be confusing myself..... Can i get ignition and 12v from the bypass section im connection to? ill look into that first....
skipfiddes
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby funboy102 » Tue Mar 06, 2007 1:22 pm

alrite fiddes... this is a lil weird...

"So I am just going to get my 12v constant and ignition from the oem harness and then use my 2 aftermarket harnesses on the bypass connectors."

If you use the 2 aftermarket harnesses... (i think that's right because there are two "bundle" of wires coming out from the stock deck...) there should ALREADY be a connector in there for 12v constant and 12v ignition... you shouldn't have to splice anymore wires, the harness takes care of that already. If you want, you can post pics of your harness. Btw... you'd never mention did you ahve a JBL system or not... i'm assuming all along that you did not, but even if you did, i'm not sure it changed all that much anyways
funboy102
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby skipfiddes » Tue Mar 06, 2007 4:00 pm

Hey I seemed to have confused myself and you. I just finished the install. I have a jbl system and I just used 2 wiring plugs like the link shown earlier. I read on here where to attach them (meaning the bypass so you dont use the factory amp). It all works well. I just had myself confused in thinking that the 2 new plugs wouldn't have the power i needed. Not sure why I thought that. I'm done and it works well though. I'll take a pic tommorow perhaps. However, I am most unimpressed with the deck.... The ipod controls are not what I was hoping for. Not sure if I have to change some settings or what? The deck doesn't display song info like I was hoping or even allow me to flip through my playlist very easily. anyone else have the Pioneer AVIC-D1? lol, is it just crap all around or am I missing something?
skipfiddes
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby krook » Wed Mar 07, 2007 12:49 pm

i've heard the Pioneer ipod integrater is for sh*t....

does that deck use the high speed cable?
krook
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby skipfiddes » Wed Mar 07, 2007 1:51 pm

I'm honestly not sure what high speed cable looks like... The Ipod converter box (or whatever the pos is called) Has a larger than average black cable which has a purple plug in end and a black plug in end on the other side (meaning larger than the rest of the deck wiring). Perhaps that is the high speed cable you speak of? I can't believe I paid $100 for that ipod box and my navi screen wont even display the ipod info.... I actualy can't even change songs unless I just scroll through artists rather than songs. It's very annoying. If this is how it is supposed to be I might sell the deck and go with something else. I really hope I'm just missing something, like a setting or whatever. I am going to read over the instructions again...
skipfiddes
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby funboy102 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:32 am

haha, how much would you sell it for? it got Navi and DVD right?
funboy102
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby krook » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:20 pm

skipfiddes wrote:I'm honestly not sure what high speed cable looks like... The Ipod converter box (or whatever the pos is called) Has a larger than average black cable which has a purple plug in end and a black plug in end on the other side (meaning larger than the rest of the deck wiring). Perhaps that is the high speed cable you speak of? I can't believe I paid $100 for that ipod box and my navi screen wont even display the ipod info.... I actualy can't even change songs unless I just scroll through artists rather than songs. It's very annoying. If this is how it is supposed to be I might sell the deck and go with something else. I really hope I'm just missing something, like a setting or whatever. I am going to read over the instructions again...

naww bro. i got an Alpine deck w/Ipod integration and i, too, had to get the "box" to interface the two. the high speed cable eliminates that and plugs straight into the Ipod, BUT this is only for the newer (2006+) units.

one word of advice: PLAYLISTS.

make 'em, and save yourself the headache.
krook
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby skipfiddes » Thu Mar 08, 2007 12:44 pm

:cry: I made a playlist thinking the same.... I can't scroll through each song when I'm in playlist. I made an mp3 cd and it works great. Displays the song title and everything on the touch screen. This is what I was hoping my ipod would do. Sure glad I wasted $100 on that interface box. Or whatever the F*** the pos is called. :D
skipfiddes
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Next

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5