[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Sub and Amp installation
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Sub and Amp installation

Sub and Amp installation

Postby mailskobe » Thu Apr 03, 2003 5:48 pm

Hi all,
I got myself a JBL BP600.1 and INFINITI Kappa Perfect 10. :drinking:
Now I want to install all of it myself.
Here are some very basic questions:

1. To attach the power to the amp, i will have to disconnect the positive terminal of my battery. Will this lock up my stock radio? Has anyone done this before?

2. Will i be able to drive my amp and sub from the battery or will i need some invertor?

3. While i am at it, any suggestions for what kinda amp kit i shud get (wires etc).

Thanks guys and a gal!
mailskobe
============================
2000 SZ V6, 5 speed, silver
mailskobe
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Yanks0114 » Thu Apr 03, 2003 7:35 pm

very nice choice on your setup. Is it a DVC sub? You don't need any inverter to run the amp to the battery. It just connects right onto there. Also your head unit will not be locked up. Are you planning to add an aftermarket headunit, or are you going to use your stock one?

On my sounddomain site, I have pics of how my wire is run through the firewall. Its very easy to do
Last edited by Yanks0114 on Thu Apr 03, 2003 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Re: Sub and Amp installation

Postby Yanks0114 » Thu Apr 03, 2003 7:40 pm

mailskobe wrote:
3. While i am at it, any suggestions for what kinda amp kit i shud get (wires etc).

Any stinger install kit is very good, monster is great. Crutchfield carries great brands, pick something out from them and buy it somewhere cheaper. Also plan to use at the least 4gauge wire.
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby mailskobe » Thu Apr 03, 2003 7:43 pm

Hey
I didnt get the DVC one tho the cost was the same because i dont want to run it on 2 Ohm but on 4 Ohm. i dont strive for power but for quality and 4 ohm with the amp outputs a neat 300W for 4 ohms.

I will use the stock, i have a JBL premium and am very happy with it. I need to sub only because, i listen to a lot of fusion music which is percussion based and i need to hear those 18-150Hz.

Are you sure my stock wont lock up?
Thanks,
mailskobe
mailskobe
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby mailskobe » Tue Apr 08, 2003 11:58 am

I just got my amp. here are other list of questions and one suggestion.

Suggestion:
In order to route a 4 guage wire to the batter, there is no need to poke a hole in the rubber grommet that houses other wires. all you have to do is to remove the protective tape from the "joint" in that rubber tube and route your 4 guage wire through it. i will see if i can post pictures.

Question:
1. Does the stock JBL premium sound system have 2 RCA outs? The amp that i got , JBL 600.1 has 2 RCA inputs
so that the bass output is constant irrespective of the fader position.
2. i initially wanted to put my amp in the trunk, but the power cable is kinda short, i am thinking of putting it under the drivers seat,, any one experienced any problems with that?

thanks
mailskobe
mailskobe
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5