[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - viper 790xv
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

viper 790xv

viper 790xv

Postby Yanks0114 » Wed Apr 09, 2003 6:30 pm

Just ordered myself a new alarm system. I got the viper 790xv, the one with the LCD screen. It was $235 shipped which I though was an amazing price. I also got the DEI 555F, the transponder bypass, for $16 shipped. I'm contemplating installing it myself. Has anyone ever installed one of these themselves. I can follow instructions no problem.

Also does anyone know where to get another remote for a good price, i'm keeping my eye out for ebay.
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Yanks0114 » Wed Apr 09, 2003 7:00 pm

Also how hard would it be to add the ability to open my trunk from the remote. I don't have the power solenoid because mine is an 01.
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby krook » Wed Apr 09, 2003 8:04 pm

yanks, i can help you with the install of it. i'd advise you to get a multimeter or actually, borrow one b/c of their price, and use it during the install so as to get the correct wires. ESPECIALLY if you're gonna do the remote start with it as well.

pm/email me and i can give you the exact wires and location of all the wires you need to hook up.

as for the trunk selenoid....it's kinda tough. there's very little space in the trunk for the selenoid, but it IS do-able. for that part of the install, you may be on your own, as only you can determine the best place for mounting the selenoid.
krook
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby nnnyyy » Wed Apr 23, 2003 9:50 pm

Thats a great price on that alarm. Can i ask where you got it from?
nnnyyy
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Yanks0114 » Wed Apr 23, 2003 10:45 pm

nnnyyy wrote:Thats a great price on that alarm. Can i ask where you got it from?

I got it from ebay
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby c2g » Thu May 01, 2003 2:33 pm

If you have some instalation knowledge and know what wires are for what it is not that difficult you do definitly need a test light or a multimeter
99 silverstream SE V6 18" RSL nengans, Streetglow head and fog lights, Reverse guages,
Kicker L7 12" DVC, MTX amp, panasonic 903U, sirius, shaved emblems, clear corners,
altezza tails, K&N filter, mesh upper & lower grill so far
c2g
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Gunman » Mon May 12, 2003 6:44 pm

Have you tried it yet yank? If not can you take some pics of your facial expressions when you do, that ought to be priceless :D
Solara's "official" handsome guy.
Gunman
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby krook » Mon May 12, 2003 7:12 pm

Gunman wrote:Have you tried it yet yank? If not can you take some pics of your facial expressions when you do, that ought to be priceless :D

LMAO! heh, first time install for a 2-way alarm is crazy. do take those pics ross!
krook
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Yanks0114 » Tue Jun 10, 2003 6:07 pm

Well heres the update. I went to install it and I gave up. My car had a audiovox prestige alarm on it which was added aftermarket that had to be removed so I decided not to attempt it.

I paid $200 for the install including trunk release solenoid mount and two addition sirens. Overall it turned out great. I had my friend at Circuit City pickup an extra remote for $60 instead of $140.

Overall the alarm is amazing. The range is kicka$$. I got over .2 miles easily (advertised at 1/4 mile) but more importantly, it'll work when you don't have direct line of sight. It does everything and more than I could have wanted. No major complaints so far except that the remote is a little bulky but i love the added sense of security. Of course it doesn't work too well through concrete, but then again, most things don't. The nicest part is that I can be in my friends basement and still know whats going on with my car.

The only problem I had was that the second siren I ordered, which had a backup battery, was mounted in front of the air conditioning condensor, behind the grill. It got water in it one day when it was raining and randomly started going off when i was driving. I couldn't shut it off because it had a secondary battery, so i had to take the key that they provide to power it off. I'm going to have to relocate it but thats only a minor problem. Also I had to get the 555U because my whiteface gauges covered my security light so i couldn't program the bypass.

Heres my system setup and prices:
Viper 790XV $235
DEI Siren with backup battery $30
DEI Piezo pain generating Siren $10
555U $20
Extra Remote $60
Trunk release Solenoid $30
Install $200

$585 total for a full system isn't bad at all
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby krook » Tue Jun 10, 2003 10:14 pm

that price is actually not bad at all! i'm assuming you got remote start with it too which is a steal IMO at that final price. (we usually sell that system for $500 W/O remote start!)

as for the siren, in our engine bay, there is noooo room for a bulky @ss siren like that. but maybe you can somehow fit it in that small pocket behind your strut tower bar on the driver's side. you may have to use a different bracket though....
krook
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Yanks0114 » Wed Jun 11, 2003 3:54 pm

Yeah it includes remote start
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5