[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - SubZone Enc with Infinity Sub?
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

SubZone Enc with Infinity Sub?

SubZone Enc with Infinity Sub?

Postby kronos98 » Sat Apr 12, 2003 7:38 am

I've got an Infinity Reference 1020W 10" sub and I want to find an enclosure. I checked SubZone out, and I think that's what I want to go with.

ZV-101
http://www.subzoneusa.com/zv_series.htm

The only problem is that it's 1.15 cubic ft, but the manual for my sub says it recommends 1.75 cu. ft. Is that a big problem? I have looked everywhere and coule not find a vented enclosure that big.
kronos98
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: SubZone Enc with Infinity Sub?

Postby TadS » Sat Apr 12, 2003 10:09 am

kronos98 wrote:
The only problem is that it's 1.15 cubic ft, but the manual for my sub says it recommends 1.75 cu. ft. Is that a big problem? I have looked everywhere and coule not find a vented enclosure that big.

You need a1.75 cu. ft. box for a 10 in. sub??? :o That is nuts. This is why I don’t use ported boxes myself. They are just too freakin big. I don't think anyone builds a prefabricated enclosure that large, as the biggest one I could find was 1.2. If you want to stay to spec you may have to have a custom job done.
Let's just pretend I didn't grow up, or you're going to be terribly disappointed.
TadS
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Yanks0114 » Sat Apr 12, 2003 10:41 am

Goto sealed. Don't even bother with ported.
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby kronos98 » Sat Apr 12, 2003 12:32 pm

Yeah, this sub requires a lot of room. It needs 1 cu. ft. on each side of a bandpass enclosure, which I haven't found anywhere either.

http://www.infinitysystems.com/caraudio/product.asp?ProdId='1020W'&Ser=REF&Cat=SUB

It's ridiculous, but I think it's because: "A wopping 11.9 millimeter X-max delivers serious excurion." (I think they meant "whopping" and "excursion")

So you don't recommend any kind of ported enclosure? I like the accuracy of sealed boxes...I really do. But they don't have the "boomy" ring characteristic of bandpass boxes.

However, I'm beginning to see how unpopular they are. Best Buy and Circuit City never have any on display, which I'm taking to be a sign. I've never personally heard a ported enclosure, but I guess you guys all know what you're talking about. :)

One last quick question though: how much room do I have to play around a spec. like .75 cu. ft.? For a sealed box, my Class A sub requires .75 cu. ft. Should I get a .86 cu. ft. or .66 cu. ft. box? I want to get a SubZone enclosure, but they only have these two sizes that are close.

http://www.thezeb.com/caraudio/subzone_universal_sub_boxes.html

Should I get the H-101 (.86 cu ft) or H-101LQ (.66)?
kronos98
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby TadS » Sat Apr 12, 2003 12:47 pm

kronos98 wrote:Y
So you don't recommend any kind of ported enclosure? I like the accuracy of sealed boxes...I really do. But they don't have the "boomy" ring characteristic of bandpass boxes.

Should I get the H-101 (.86 cu ft) or H-101LQ (.66)?

I would use sealed, unless you are planning to be an SPL competitor, which probably isn't the best plan with that sub :).

Personally, I would go with the .86 because your sub is going to chew up alot of that extra with the magnet and whatnot.

Maybe you should PM Gunman, as he is the local expert.
Let's just pretend I didn't grow up, or you're going to be terribly disappointed.
TadS
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby kronos98 » Sat Apr 12, 2003 2:40 pm

You're right. Sweet. Thanks.
kronos98
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5