[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Replace Subwoofer in 2000 Convertible Solara
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Replace Subwoofer in 2000 Convertible Solara

Re: Replace rear speakers in 2002 Convertible Solara

Postby JKent » Fri Jun 24, 2011 7:25 pm

Looked here but did not find an answer: How do you get at the rear side speakers? I removed the screws on the panel next to the back seat but not sure what to do next.
JKent
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Replace Subwoofer in 2000 Convertible Solara

Postby jferry2 » Sat May 19, 2012 7:01 am

I did the foam repair on my subwoofer. Getting that sucker out is not much fun, but it is doable. Replacing the foam was pretty simple, maybe even fun. BUT it looks like my repair may not have been good enough: after about 4 months it again sounds like it's blown. And I'm not someone that cranks up the volume and insists that all my neighbors feel the bass.

I think I'm going to give up on the JBL system and replace everything: head unit, speakers, and the hated sub. Now the hard part of figuring out where to put a new sub. I'd appreciate suggestions.
jferry2
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Replace Subwoofer in 2000 Convertible Solara

Postby jferry2 » Sun May 20, 2012 9:56 pm

Okay, I'm an idiot. The sub is NOT blown. My tape deck went, so the ipod sounds horrible going thru a cassette adapter. I assumed it was the sub, but that's not true. The sub actually sounds pretty good. So yes, I do recommend doing the sub repair.
jferry2
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Previous

Return to A/V/N Gen 1 and 1.5